1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition UK Competition: Win a 165Hz G-Sync, curved AOC gaming monitor!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 29 Jul 2019.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

'In order to contact you we need an email' is not an opinion, it is a fact, and it is indeed reflected by the bit-tech editorial team. 'We' in this case, is Gleam, the business/platform through which this competition is run. As I have already pointed out, Gleam is bound by GDPR - even we only see your details once a winner is selected.

The opinion part of the form is the AG273QCG marketing babble that we've included as a small thank you to AOC, a thanks which I note no one else has yet offered. VipersWhatitude?

If you are not seeing the 'Save' button right above the 'Powered by Gleam' line at the bottom, then I reckon a privacy feature of some sort is preventing the iframe from fully loading. If you are seeing it, that's the Submit button you're after. And again... You can also get 8 valid entries (PER email, I might add), without registering for FB/Instagram/YouTube. Only Twitter requires a registration in order to tick off the 'Follow' action, which would get you the maximum entries per email, 13.

The parties involved in the giveaway are bit-tech, AOC, and Gleam (and thus potentially Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter). It is ONLY GLEAM that you NEED to submit any data to to enter. The winner will have their data shared with us so we can contact them for additional information which will be shared with AOC (and a shipping company) so that the prize may reach you.

2. adidan

adidan Avatar now in stock for xmas 2019

If people have an issue (which is fair enough, each to their own), don't enter.

3. Dogbert666

You win. Competition closed.

4. adidan

adidan Avatar now in stock for xmas 2019

Chicken dinner!

edzieba, The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarity. I, like many end users, am very wary of third-party embedded services - causing T&C's to be distributed across multiple domains. GDPR granted, Jurassic Park taught us life finds a way, but the meta-lesson of the four sequels is that so does Capitalism.

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake "Why have you done this to me?" and the snake answered "Look bitch, you knew I was a snake." ~ Natural Born Killers. :rollingeyes:

edzieba, adidan and Dogbert666 like this.
  6. spolsh

spolsh Active Member

So, time to see which privacy feature in opera is blocking my chances of getting a new monitor then, LOL.

7. Dogbert666

Post it when you find out :)

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Member

Clicked through to everything but didn't unlock the last one. Didn't even look as if it updated to show that I HAD linked through.

Prefer the old way of answering a question and giving bit your email. Much easier.

Arboreal likes this.
  9. David

David RIP Tel

It says my email address has already been used to log into Gleam!?

wtf?

10. Dogbert666

Tags: Add Tags