1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK General Election 2017

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Risky, 8 Jun 2017.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I know. I am one.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I think Disequilibria's to busy throwing dead cats on tables to notice that elephant in the corner. :p

In an attempt to get a succinct answer from you about these concerns you have over what you believe are Corbyn's links to the IRA let me ask you this: You've said before how MI5 had a file on Corbyn, right?

Well here's the thing if MI5 had a file on him don't you think if there was any evidence linking him to the IRA that they would've acted upon it, doesn't the fact that they've since closed Corbyn's file tell you everything you need to know?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, a year after calling an unnecessary and disastrous EU referendum, and three months after triggering Article 50, and after calling an unnecessary general election in which they promptly lost their majority, the Tories still haven't got a Brexit plan or a negotiating team. Meanwhile the UK is now the worst performing Western economy, the GBP one of the worst performing currencies, investment in the car industry has dropped 75%, and it turns out the UK hasn't actually got the ships to police its fishing waters it "took back control" of.

But hey, let's get hysterical over how Corbyn would be bad for the economy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Jul 2017
  4. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

MI5 weren't investigating for criminal reasons but to understand the political front that the republicans and militant republicans have. Similar things happen with islamists or racist groups where upon they are investigated because of their sedition but aren't actually doing anything illegal but their links to people who are mean they need to be kept an eye on.

The fact that the file is closed will be the same for most former terrorists you wouldn't want in charge of the country because largely the infiltration of the IRA and subsequent GFA largely took care of that issue.

Unnecessary and disastrous is really just your opinion. You mean this non existant negotiating team: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...talks-how-the-two-teams-line-up-davis-barnier. What is your definition of no plan. Worst performing based on a single quarter that if 2016 Q1 were used we'd be pretty low down too. I don't think a currency devaluation is particularly a bad thing.
    Cherry pick the car industry but:
    Brexit concerns shrinking UK's lead as Europe's top financial services destination, new research shows
    Manufacturing firms reported that both their total and export order books had strengthened to multi-decade highs in June, according to the CBI’s latest Industrial Trends Survey.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-27/why-banks-aren-t-likely-to-bolt-the-u-k-just-yet?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social'] Despite Brexit, London's place as a leading global financial center looks safe.[/url]
    Business confidence hits 18 month high
    INBOUND TECH INVESTMENT INTO THE UK HITS 10 YEAR HIGH DESPITE BREXIT
    And when the certainty for the car sector returns the investment will return much like:
    Businesses return to London IPO market after Brexit 'state of shock'

And yeah we will need to create the capability that we previously didn't need for our fishing waters so what?
    He will, disastrous in fact and even better he's not against the brexit the conservatives want (there's a reason farage had a semi over him last week).

Last edited: 3 Jul 2017
  5. Nexxo

Give it a rest, dude. While you're obsessing that the guy applying to be housekeeper might be a bit dodgy, the current housekeeper is burning the place to the ground.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Actually that reminds me....I need to post in the Videos of Awesome thread

7. Nexxo

There's some nice ones on Brexit:

And the kicker is: it's all true.

8. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

You're talking centuries ago the UK nor any state or any person is the arbiter of cosmic justice.
    We aren't kicking you out though
    so nothing substantive to reply then, ok.

9. VipersGratitude

Well, if we disregard time and culture then the identities "British" and "Irish" are anachronistic nostalgic sentimentalities as we're presently in living in a global interconnected corporate oligarchy with only a veneer of justice and order, everything is pointless, this discussion is a waste of time, and nothing means anything...but if it does, you're merely sidestepping the obvious criticism in your logic with vague, sweeping terms. Arbiter of cosmic justice? Come on now... o_O

10. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

No, the point is the people who may or may not have had a claim to that land are centuries dead. Everyone on the planet will have a slave or serf ancestor. Everyone will have an ancestor no screwed out of something, treated horribly and that have effects that may or may not reach down the ages. The current situation is that there are alive people, born in that nation, who make up the majority of a nation of the UK who want to remain part of the UK as per their right to self determination and that counts for more than what happened to dead people centuries ago, we can't fix the latter without sacrificing, unjustly, the former.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2017
  11. VipersGratitude

And vice versa, hence the catch-22. You're advocating a method of self-determination through a populist method that has been massively skewed in favour of the oppressors. The game is fixed, which is again unjust.
    Ultimately the only way to overcome the impasse is to reverse the act that caused it in the first place - that of Imperial expansion. It would cause more problems, certainly, namely that of my own protestant unionist community claiming a historical rights over the land, but those pale in comparison to their catholic nationalist counterpart's claims of the same nature in terms of sheer timescale. It would make the points of contention in NI fade away quicker than a more powerful nation subordinating a province of a less powerful one...And I do believe I've had more time and motivation to think this through than you.

Corky42 likes this.
  12. Nexxo

ORLY? What problem was the EU referendum meant to solve? And did it solve the problem?

If even Dominic Cummings is starting to refer to it as a "dumb idea" that may lead to an "absolute debacle", then it is time to re-assess, wouldn't you say?

Please. Theresa May won't even let them get on with it --she aims to be personally involved, sidelining her most competent negotiator David Davis in the process. And her best negotiating tactic appears to be to storm out of negotiations in September over the settlement figure, so help us. Two days before the first negotiation meeting David Jones was sacked without telling David Davis and Lord Bridges walked out, stating that Brexit isn't going to work. Shade of things to come.

No agreed negotiation objectives, no economic impact assessment, no replacement WTO tariff schedule, no plan (or budget) for replacement for over twenty EU regulatory agencies, no plan (or budget) for infrastructure needed for customs control, no plan for replacement immigration laws, no plan for replacement of 50+ FTAs obtained through the EU; I could go on. Basically no plan for post-Brexit Britain (otherwise why didn't we hear about it during the GE?).

The many documents that the EU has sent the UK on the negotiation objectives, time tables, retention of rights of UK and EU citizens is a plan. The Flexcit proposal is a plan. Theresa May's White Paper is a vague wish list. And there's cake of course, don't forget the cake.

I won't go through your list of links which I think you should read more closely. ;) But at least you can fund those fisheries police boats from the £350 million you send to the EU every week. :p

Remains to be seen, actually; another issue that Theresa May hasn't quite got a plan for yet. And no, her 'fair and generous offer' is not a plan.

Sure mate, I spend my days waiting poised over my keyboard to pander to your paranoid rantings over Corbyn. :p

13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Firstly how do you know what MI5 were investigating him for, and secondly if as you say they weren't investigating him for criminal reasons then what's the problem.

I know this is the serious section of the forum but you really are coming across as some sort of conspiracy theorist, you keep saying there was more to his involvement in the NI peace process despite the facts not supporting what you're claiming, like i said once you look beyond the Daily Mail style headlines you soon find out the claims are biased and misleading in nature: aka, propaganda, aka: a smear campaign, and a rather dangerous one at that.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I thought that was going to the NHS! Or is this another £350 million from a different dreamland?

15. Nexxo

No, it's from the other magic money tree. They've got a whole orchard of them. :p

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

No, it proves that MI5 is part of the conspiracy by the liberal left globalist communist satanist NWO Lizardkin to indoctrinate innocent children with the dangerous idea that they should drink more tea.:hehe:

Corky42 likes this.
  17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

That has to be applied both ways though rather than just demanding the native population to forgive. The descendants of the invaders can't keep up the war on the native culture either.

Like for example the people who still have such a hard on for wiping out Irish culture that they even get offended by seeing an Irish word on a manhole cover:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...onists-demand-for-their-removal-34519140.html

18. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

An opinion shared by many others, including some of the more influential people involved in campaigning for the UK to leave the EU.

19. Nexxo

I don't usually post links from the Daily Mail, but when I do... :p

[​IMG]

"Hard Brexit means people fleeing UK"

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Here is the exchange between Dominic Cummings and David Allen Green [aka Jack of Kent] the Indy article refers to...

Corky42 likes this.