1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Unreal Engine 4.0 to exclusively target consoles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Mar 2008.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

2. moshpit

moshpit What's a Dremel?

I say boycott time then. If Tim Sweeny cannot remember his roots, it's time for those roots to crack his foundation...

3. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

So can someone here explain to me how boycotting a major player in the PC gaming industry is going to help anyone out?

Less games sales overall are going to confirm exactly what they're saying, PC gaming IS in a decline, you can blame who or what you want (pirates, developers, consumers, hardware) whatever, the simple fact still remains that there are better profit margins available for developing console games.

Put yourself in their shoes!

Picture this, you're a kid who's trying to earn money by mowing lawns, it's Sunday afternoon and you have the choice of two lawns to mow, one is a 10m square without any trees or plants to avoid and the owner will pay you £20 and is very reliable. The other lawn is a 20m square with several intricate plant beds to navigate around, a few big trees in the way and some of the garden is on a 45 degree slope. The owner says he will pay you £10 but he is a drunk and last time you mowed his lawn he didn't pay you.

What would you chose?

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Good analogy, Whalemeister! :thumb:

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Whalemeister, i agree with your analogy, but boycotting a console exclusive wont show that PC gaming is in decline....

Tags: Add Tags