1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up-to-date radiator comparisons? (View 71 build)

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by remus, 29 Dec 2019.

1. remus

remus Vanity mate.

I have 2x white XSPC AX360 ready to go into my new View 71 case but I decided to go with a black PC case instead so I am going to either attempt to exchange or sell them.

I was going to swap them for EK Coolstream XE360 radiators but I was wondering if there is any up-to-date comparisons as im conscious the XE360 has been out for about 3-4 years now and I want to make sure I am spending my money wisely..? (Well as wisely as you can when watercooling a PC anyway!)

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Now that Skinnee's and Martin's Reviews have gone the only one I remember as being halfway decent for reviews was ExtremeRigs but it looks as though they stopped reviewing a while ago but at least they're still online.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think radiators have developed to a level where they're all fairly equal. Alphacool, EK, XSPC, black ice, even Barrow's rads are full copper and pretty decent.

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Last article on radiators I read online was saying that most brands are equal, with Alphacool being a bit more overkill in terms of pressures able to hold. Performance is purely depending on FPI, Thickness and Fan size

5. The_Crapman

Indeed.

Skip to 5mins for the fun bit.

6. remus

remus Vanity mate.

I guess there's only so far you can go with something like a radiator!

That said feature wise I like the EK radiators because they've got ports on the front and back which can be useful for filling or draining a loop, are there any good crossflow radiators for medium fan speeds?

7. The_Crapman

Alphacool do crossfire rads. The XT45 would probably be good for medium fan speeds. They do a 60mm version but only has 10fpi vs 16fpi of the 45. The chambers have ports on both sides, as well as at the end.
    [​IMG]

8. remus

remus Vanity mate.

I think I like that XT45 the most so far then

Is there anything good/bad to say about Corsair radiators?

9. The_Crapman

They're basically hardware labs black ice rads with a Corsair badge on. They're meant to be decent performing, not as many ports as Alphacool ones.