1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding UPDATED Stealth Baybus Movie...(5 MB MPG added...56kB be warned)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pflumingo, 26 Feb 2003.

1. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2003
  2. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

wow, thats fast! will the shock of the movement damage gears/motors etc?

and what an awful accent :D

3. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

pretty kewl. But it sounds a bit like grinding gears?

4. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Whao! Thats pretty cool.

I can just see the chat-up line "Wanna come back to my place and see my...

...motorised bay-bus", <starts plans>.

5. kong

kong cnc-guy

Superb. Nothing more to say.:D

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yeah, what is that sound?

Mighty fine idea, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more motorised front-panel-things now.

7. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

That is just like so cool. Any plans for improving it? Like I dunno adding NOS to make it move faster?:D

8. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

rockin mod and movie Pfumingngooano! :D :rock:

The movie is worth watching just from your commentary alone.... :hehe:

9. Pflumingo

Thanks...

The worm gear is a little wiggly, I need to make it a bit tighter fit with some teflon , and then it will be more silent... There are no other gears in this, the rod/drive/wormgear is attached DIRECTLY to the shaft of the motor... No reduction= REALLY fast,(I almost wish I could slow it down a bit...I already dropped it from 12 to 5V, and adding any resistors 1. Smokes the resistors 2. Motor ceases to function before the resistors even smoke.)

Next movie, I will use my StrongBad Voice...
    Just for your viewing pleasure...

The motor was stripped from an Electric Pencil Sharpener (1A draw at rated RPM's)

I don't plan on adding NOS till my finger heals (Almost lost it the first time I closed it up)...lol...:hip:

10. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

hahahaha...

I was rivited

Pflum as Strongbad: "ok, this is my motorized baybus... push this button over here... and it goes in and out... pretty cool actually... the only tool I used was a big knife just to tell you how awesome I am... ":hehe:

11. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

sweeeeeet. very james bond-ish. look out tarentino :D

12. chambochae

chambochae What's a Dremel?

thats cooooooool!:clap:

13. PrnkstrO

PrnkstrO What's a Dremel?

You could just get some of those little gearboxes that they sell in hobby shops. I think TAMIYA makes them. They have different levels of gear reduction so you could slow the movement a bit. I was thinking about using them for something I want to do. Im sure theres not a lot of weight behind that door so i think they could handle it.

14. bAnTAi

bAnTAi What's a Dremel?

if you put those military style switch covers on it, it would be like Dr. Evil's control panel which grills people!!!:naughty: incredible mod though.....

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

WOAH!!!!!!! its in my case to :D :D :D

16. Pflumingo

Wow... I got it quietted (Is that a word?) down ALOT.... Where the rod was loose, I used some cat 5 jacket around the screw, and it fit perfectly (With a little more wowing out) in my guide...
    Now it's PRETTY Quiet... Much better, It sounded like a chainsaw before, now it just makes a little "Click, Click".. Sounds good.

Carbon Don't hold back, Let's see it????!!!! PICTURES... I'll even host them if you don't have a host, Email me if ya wanna.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2003
  17. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

hmmmm... Pflumingo... - joecartoon.... seperated at birth? someone needs to edit the video so it kills a hampster or a frog....

can you not use a capacitor as a small battery, so when you press the button it discharges into the motor hopefully mekkin' it slower?

18. penski

penski BodMod

I think the most disturbing thing is the titles that flash up...

*n

19. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

Have you liiked into a current monitor for sensing jams? There should be a current spike when the unit catches somthing. It could save your fingers. Maybe you can do this by putting an opamp across a resistor in line with the motor. When the current spikes, the voltage on the resistor will change and the opamp will pick it up. This might be more useful than a microswitch position sensor. I'm going to fiddle with somthing and see if I can't post a pic so illustrate the idea.

here is the picture. I didn't bother with being exact or specific on anything. I just wanted to show how I would connect an opamp to sense a voltage on a resistor for a current limiter.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe ZapWizard Linear, or one of the other electronics gurus want to straighten me out if anything if I did somthing wrong or add working values to the system.
    I'll leave this here because it might be useful for somone's project somwhere.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2003
  20. Pflumingo

Actually, at 5 V and the amount of leverage the arm really has on the bus, If it hits ANYTHING, it doesn't really cut you up, you could stop the thing with your tongue if you wanted to, but I wouldn't quite suggest it... Yes it's fast, but it's not that strong with all the rolling friction it has...

Hey, Eddie... Wanna see something REALLY disturbing, Maybe someone could host this a little better than me, but here is a link to a 5MB movie... Just your style Here