1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Upgrade from T240hd, thinking ips

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by morris8809, 29 Nov 2011.

1. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Basically i had a T240HD, the main pcb went out and it stopped accepting inputs. I sent it back to samsung under warranty, they returned it to me banged up (looks like someone took sandpaper to the whole thing). I called them back and they want to give me a refund or a refurb p2570hd. I usually wouldn't mind my the one that got damaged was mint when i sent it to them.

So my question is, should i take the refund ($250) and save up for a dell 2410 and cut my losses or take a chance with the P2570Hd. Thanks

Last edited: 29 Nov 2011
  2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If you take the money the advantage of buying a new monitor outside of it being a better specification would be a new warranty to match! Whatever that's worth! :D

3. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Yea. after thinking about it for a few minutes I realized wtf am i thinking, so i called samsung back talked them up to a 320$ refund and its all done now. So im going to save up some money and upgrade to a dell U2410 unless there is something better for the money.

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Nice result.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It's an excellent choice.
    PLS screen is apparently a bit better, than IPS screen... but it's from Samsung, and I am waiting for more info on the technology, and in depth reviews.

Based on my experience with Samsung service and yours.. I would avoid Samsung, and never touch their products again.

6. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

It seems they dont want to take care of their customers. All i wanted was a equal or better monitor and all they want to do is send me a refurb that will probably be just as beat up as the one i got back from their repair department. /rant Is there anything better to look at or is the U2410 pretty much all there is? Thanks

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Under the sub 1000$ market, currently there is no better. You can try PLS panel, which is SUPPOSED to be 10-15% better, but that's from Samsung, the technology and monitor is bran new.. I have no knowledge on it, beside that it's suppose to: cost a bit less to produce, similar result as an IPS panel, a bit better black.

What makes the Dell U2410 really shine, is it's wide variety of inputs, has every useful features, such as 1:1 pixel mapping support on all inputs, 16:10, 8-bit panel, impressive stand, good build quality, impressive blacks (for a sub 1000$ IPS monitor (it's much better than a TN panel), non glossy. And 2 pre-calibrated color profiles with report (not the best calibration possible, but really good none the less, especially at a non-professional level): Adobe RGB and sRGB color profiles (by default, the monitor is set to Standard color profile, or like I like to call it: Store self settings.. so nothing really impressive, so be sure to switch the color mode once you set it up). It also features high grade CFL back light for fantastic whites.

The monitor is VERY bright... I have to set the monitor to 0% brightness. :)
    So if you have a window next to you and sun literally hitting the screen, you won't have any problem seeing this screen.

And the monitor has excellent response time despite it's 6ms claim.

I think you'll be very pleased with it. However, be warned... once you go IPS.. there is no coming back to TN panels.