1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Verizon to show YouTube

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 28 Nov 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

This is generally the problem with all mobile plans over here the plans just SUCK. No other way to put it. You can get unlimited plan all right but then the small print says you have to pay thru the ass for incoming. hell 5c to receive a txt msg wth is up with that

3. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

That's the reason that none of this stuff is catching on. Not only will you have to pay the $15 for YouTube videos, but you'll have to pay the $50 for their data plan. Very few people are so desperatly in need of entertainment on the go that they are willing to pay $65 a month on top of their normal phone bill to watch videos on a little tiny screen. At that rate in a couple of months they could have a portable DVD player and a couple of DVDs each month.

Oh yea, and text messaging, total rippoff. $0.15 per message (I have Sprint in the US), and they hit you incomming and outgoing. $0.15 for about 130 characters. I would use text messaging, but when it costs that much the only response people get to a text message is "don't text message me". An actual phone call uses so much more bandwidth yet is cheaper, not sure how the carriers are justifying charging so much.

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

That's pretty appalling really. The one feature I did like on US networks was the walkie-talkie voice messaging thing but charging for incoming messages? Ouch...

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

charging for incoming???? that is madness!!!!! they are getting twice the profit.... $0.15 from the sender + $0.15 from the receiver.... CRAB!!!!!

6. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Ridiculous...when I can watch for free on the net?

7. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Verizonwireless is .10/.10 (Send/receive) for text .25/.25 (Send/receive) for picture video unless you pay for the monthly charge to have x number of message per month. I already pay for the unlimited data since i have a pda phone that i browse the web alot on and i can get videos on the phone with out paying the extra 15 a month for it not from youtube because the pocket internet explorer does not support the streaming plug in(Well i haven't mess with it to much)

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

We get paid for incoming on certain networks over here!

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

here to.

10. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

And flooding YouTube with worthless, self indulgent, stupid, "just because I can" content - oh - wait - nevermind :duh:

:D

Tags: Add Tags