1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows vist desk top black out

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbarber20, 9 Jan 2009.

1. dbarber20

dbarber20 What's a Dremel?

Hi I have a genuine copy of windows vista and i recently reinstalled it and for some reason after about a day my desktop blacks I can still view folders out I have tried disabling the secure desktop I have tried a update nothing seem to work if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Vista allows you to go "back in time" to an earlier point in time. It's called System restore.
    You can access it from Windows Vista main setup screen (click on repair window at the bottom right of the message box where you see the "Install" button.)

From that screen try a point in time earlier. It should technically not affect your personal files. (it should touch your profile), but just in case backup your data. For me it nothing bad occurred... but you know... you never know.

As for fixing the problem, I need way more details than that. Because I don't understand a thing from what you said.

If you are trying to say that you get the activation screen, and the background is black, and that IE opens it self to a page... that is probably Windows Activation saying that you are using an un-genuine copy of Windows Vista. This can be caused by you not activating Windows, if not you should call to activate Windows Vista via phone. There is a free phone number you call on the activation screen, just select that you want to activate Vista via the phone and select your region.

3. dbarber20

dbarber20 What's a Dremel?

I have activated vista no problem what i mean is my desktop and task bar/start menu is completly blacked out