1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Vote in the bit-tech and CPC awards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 13 Aug 2010.

1. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

you guys should start doing this for people residing outside of the UK aswell...
    seriously many of us wouldn't mind paying for the transport costs if we'd win some of these, I know I wouldn't

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Another year, another vote. :)

3. ADJB

ADJB What's a Dremel?

I don't see the logic behind the "Best Laptop and Desktop Manufacturer". I would expect that most people would be looking at two different suppliers for two very different products. For example both the misses and myself have Toshiba laptops because we have found them reliable and good value over a long period. We don't want them for gaming but as everyday workhorse machines for work. Having said that I would never consider buying a Toshiba Desktop (do they even make them?) as all our desktop machines are component builds except a couple of Shuttle based boxes.

It seems a bit silly to have "Laptop and Desktop" together, after all you wouldn't ask for "Best Graphics card and Power supply manufacturer" would you?.

4. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

How about picking a winner for the KFA2 GTX 460 giveaway which ended more than a month ago?

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

That allows me to vote for Activision-Blizzard then, since Cataclysm is probably coming out early November.

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I doubt most people here would buy a pre-built desktop anyway.

7. ADJB

ADJB What's a Dremel?

Exactly. Having said that I buy around 2000 desktops and 20 - 25 Servers a year for work but my considerations for buying those, especially after sales service, is a completely different set of considerations than I would ever apply to my own machines or what I would consider for a questionnaire like this.

I can see some people on here buying barebones like the pre-overclocked bundles from overclockers and similar and maybe some very rich readers buying the odd (and by odd I mean 1 or 3, probably no more) CPC featured mega machine of the year but as you say most people here will do component builds. My question still stands - Why bundle Laptop and Desktop supplier together?

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

is this going to be like the nVidia puzzle contest? where we enter but then nothing happens and the people behind it disappear if so then I will pass.

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

There needs to be a poll for worst service as well, that would be a bit of an eye opener I think.

Tags: Add Tags