1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waitress *suspended* after shaving her head

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 5 Jun 2008.

1. Wicz

Wicz What's a Dremel?

Absolutely, I go to a restaurant for the food, not the fashion. If staff are polite I don't care if they have one half of their head shaved and the other spiked with a face full of rings. How people dress is their business and has no bearing on their ability to carry plates for pities sake.

Anyone who is offended by a bald woman serving their food has 'some issues'.

2. iluvtrees2

iluvtrees2 What's a Dremel?

Specofdust, you are the most disgusting human being I have ever seen. You are an absolute disgrace to the human race.:)

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Hey,

****off, I'm the professonal troll here and i dont take to kindly to competition,

FACK OFF.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Keep it in your pants, boys, we'll have no dick swinging contest in here otherwise I will go get the scissors.

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

He secretly cuts himself when people say nasty things about him.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hehe, nah, that's ok. I'd expect a communist to say that. God forbid anyone not be guarenteed a job by The Great Leader. Unfortunately iluvtrees2 (great name btw!) I'm not the worst human being you've ever seen, because this is an online forum and you've never, nor will you ever, meet me. Anyway, I'll leave you to get back to supporting mass murderers.

edit: In case you're more than just a one-hit-wonder, why do you think that, iluvtrees2?

Last edited: 11 Jun 2008
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm waiting here to see how this goes ;)

/dons flame retardant suit, grabs firehose

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You know I'm always the very picture of good behaviour Bindi :p

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

natalie portman with a shaved head from V vendetta. totally acceptable. in fact, she looked good doing it. Sinead o'conner looked ok. but i'd still rather natalie portman. with a full head of hair. in a school girls outfit.

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

utter crap. try eating at one of the proper restaurants in the city. the standard of food, the presentation, the experience is all far higher than your local. granted you can find real budget gems, but just try it. my friend took me out for dinner at a real steak house in london and the final bill ended up about £180 for 3 people, including lots of wine and 3 course meal. much, MUCH better than most other places i've been to. When you're paying that kind of money, you do expect a certain ammount of integrity and presentation from your serving staff, and restaurant managers recognise this. however, on this case, i would forgive the shaven head because it was for charity. it's something that would grow back and not affect her work.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

because art is one thing (and remember that the a large majority of catwalks are art, not clothes to be worn practically everyday, and more importantly the models are chosen because they suit that particular style)

also, just thought of an argument that ends the discussion here.

if i go to a strip club, i'll pay for whatever the damn hell i want. same goes for a restaurant right?

so if i want an attractive girl with a full head of long luscious hair that when she seductively whips it in my face i smell her beauty. i'm getting what i want. i don't want a skinhead rubbing her sandpaper head against my cheeks, charity or no charity.

this argument is based on the fact that i recently went to a strip club and thoroughly enjoyed myself there because i got what i wanted :D

12. iluvtrees2

Well maybe you have a slight amount of decency in you. But not much.:D

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The purpose of a waiter/waitress isn't to just put plates on a table, maybe at a greasy spoon, but when you go to a restaurant where the customers are expected to wear smart clothing, then the service staff should be expected to look smart too, and a shaved head on a woman isn't generally considered to be smart.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, now that we're done with the pleasentaries and introductions - do you care to explain to me why you think I'm the most disgusting human being you've ever encountered? It is afterall quite an extreme statement, presumably warrented by something extreme?

Last edited: 11 Jun 2008
  15. xion

xion Minimodder

i dont know if this will add fuel to the fire, but i have to wonder; Regardless of weather it was the right thing to do to suspend her, it makes me wonder about how society is so focused on closed stereotypes, are we realy that sad that we would complain if she served us?

and the harsh truth is...
    if a man shaves his head, then its perfectly acceptable, neat, tidy, not even noteworthy.
    if a woman shves her head, it makes the news she gets fired, people complain, its socially unforgivable...

It's a hair style, I used to shave my head, I now have a 5" mohawk dyed dark red, and happen to be lucky enough to be accepted and treated not for what my hair is like, but who i am. Perhaps its because i'm male. perhaps its because i wear a suit to the directors meetings...

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

He watched you tinkle and you didn't wash your hands.

17. iluvtrees2

Well, for one thing, I do not think we should be punishing people for their charity work.

Unlike you I actually care about other people's financial well being.

Well said Ramble.

Employers make up a small percentage of the population compared to employees. If your country was actually a democracy, it would respect the rights of the majority, in this case the employees.

I'm not sure what accents you find offensive, I'll assume for the moment your speaking of foreigners' accents. Again I have respect for other cultures, and thus other accents. I find such intolerance disgusting.

You seem to be a bit of a neo-nazi yourself.

:eeek::eeek::jawdrop::jawdrop: Somehow, I don't really believe this.

I find that kind of elitist attitude disgusting.

Unlike you I don't support such racism.

That's why it is the source of all the evil in the world.

Also, in response to all of your Canada hate (I'm not from Canada though, I live in the U.S.) , I have to say that I don't like your country much either. You people have a queen that sits around doing nothing while she collects your tax dollars to keep up that luxurious palace she lives in. She claims that she has some kind of God-given right to be queen because she has "royal" blood. I find her attitude disgusting, and I don't know why the working class people of your country don't do something and throw her and the rest of the royal scum out where they belong. It would certainly make the lives of everyone in your country a lot better.

Your imperialist country began its empire building in the 15th century and continued to go around the world oppressing smaller nations with your military power. That's about the least respectable thing a nation could do. Unfortunately my country seems to be doing the same thing now, and I have lost a lot of respect for it.

I hope this explains why I dislike you so much. Have a nice day. :)

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yeah, you've just demonstrated how little you know about how the monarchy works over here...

19. iluvtrees2

I may know little about it, but I have no respect for monarchs regardless.

20. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

don't you think forming such a negative opinion about something you admit to knowing very little about is a bit... well, daft?