1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer 40k?

Discussion in 'General' started by Squadexodus, 13 May 2008.

1. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

I've collected on/off since I was 14, still don't know how to play the game. I just love to paint them/build terrain.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I always used to be a collector myself, didn't actually play any 40k when I was younger, just bought the models 'cos they looked cool. Although now I actually want to play the game.

3. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Good idea. Im mainly going to be facing armies that rush. however, my best friend has tau.

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Don't try and outshoot tau. Hide indirect artillery, give exposed armour smoke launchers and extra armour and pray for the first turn.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

QFT.

Tau are the thorn in IG's side. Along with Orks.

6. Squadexodus

Great. My 2 main opponents...

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I think Malcs plays it...he's 12 after all...

8. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

9. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

but of course! everyone knows kids love big lumps of shapeless plastic which they can buy for incredible amounts of money, and paint in gaudy unrealistic colours and plonk on any table and get obliterated in one turn...

(all the above happened to me when I was 11...)

However, a funny story about a guy I used to know - when he started the hobby, he was 11, maybe 12, and he started playing Marines. He used to come into the shop regular, and buy a squad of tactical marines, a Rhino and a Devastator blister or two. One staffie said "Hey dude, you must have a pretty big army there!" and the kid turns and says 'Nah man, they keep dying all the time...' what he used to do, whenever a model "died" he'd throw it in the bin and chuck it away.........

Yeah, I died a little inside the day I heard that...

Joe

10. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Battlefleet Gothic player here, Imperial Navy all the way. Swarms of torpedoes are fun and very effective.

11. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Yeah, BFG is proper good fun - only ever used to play it at Games Days. Love Mordheim, now that was a fun game!

Joe

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Necromunda and blood bowl for the win (either if the shops have stopped selling them and playing them..sob..sob )

13. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

I once started collecting. Girly ultramarines unite!

Stopped when I decided that £50 for a lump of plastic was too much. Took up tennis instead. 7 years down the line, I'd say it was a good decision.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Necromunda Cheesecake!

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I enjoy the novels, dawn of war, however i dont play anymore. To many girls and beer to drink/see.

enjoy your motivational poster.

[​IMG]

16. Squadexodus

I get more girls at my local hobby store than if i would go to a movie. (Dunno whats a hip place to meet girls that dosent involve beer.) The hobby store had the brilliant idea of selling snacks and drinks without tax. If you want a soda or an energy drink cheap, you go there.

17. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

kingred, that's an awesome poster :D

18. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I varied between Tyranids (because they're just so cool) and a purely demon army (though I'm pretty sure that's against the rules nowadays, no-one appreciated my armies of Bloodthirsters).

I eventually settled on a Genestealer army. In the older version of 40K before they dumbed it down, there were rules upon rules for 'lost' units, troops that didn't have a model. One such race was a Genestealer infestation, as in a human population taken over by a Genestealer uprising. Gave you access to loads of funky hybrid units, like half IG half Genestealer rocket launcher weilding squads. It also gave you access to the Magus, a stupidly hard Genestealer psycher who kicked serious ass and cost barely any points. I had an awesome little army, all conversions of course as there were no models, scared the **** out of anyone I played because no-one had a clue what the troops were or what their rules were. Oh, that and my 500+ Genestealers.

And then they scrapped the army in the most the recent version and ALL my hard was wated. Thanks Games Workshop! I stopped playing after that.

19. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I used to collect with a mate, we had an Eldar and a Space Marine army, I loved painting them, whereas my mate liked playing, it worked out rather well. Although I got bored, and moved on to other things... From the little I did play, I would say that you should separate out artillery, and into several groups behind cover if possible, at least that way, the opposition army will be spread a little thinner.

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not any more, they just released the daemon codex, can make a daemon army and use it in both fantasy and 40k