1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Watched the entire 6-episode Haruhi Suzumiya OVA in one sitting; started Mass Effect; cooked an epic cottage pie and ate it all in one day (om nom nom); played guitar, smoked, listened to hippie music and generally was a damn commie layabout :D This week, life was good.

2. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Cheers guys :)

A thread full of happiness... refreshing to read after trawling through the iPad thread, lol!

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Now a Dual Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering Major. :)

and the rest of my credits have been transferred from when I changed Unis so i don't need to retake any classes.

4. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

My server purring = :D for me.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Girls.

6. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Finally getting back into the local music scene and finding three amazing bands within a week. Going to see my best mate over the weekend for some drunken times in Manchester... wooo!

RwD

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The sun came out yesterday and we from Denver that were transplanted to Kent,WA got to see Mt. Ranier. Seriously nice! More impressive since it starts at sea level. I would love to climb some of that!

8. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

As of today, I am 18.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Both awesome and depressing, indeed.

I find it awesome that my PC now just 'works'. After months of niggles and workarounds, all of a sudden it's running a1 ok.

10. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Fact that I'm alive

[​IMG]

Walked away with two scratches on my arm, a swollen knee and a goose-egg on my head. Found out the car had a bent frame prior to the accident and the seller sold it to my mom without a salvage title. Long story short, came around a corner doing speed limit, hit ice, went into the other lane (two lane road) pulled the car back into my lane and it headed for the ditch. Turning the wheel to the left to get the car back in the lane and out of the path for the ditch caused me to flip. Turns out the frame was so badly bent that the wheel stuck and wouldnt move when I turned it. I'm still digging for proof of whatever accident it was in and repairs and all, and I fully intend to sue the guy if I can. But for now, he's going to have to deal with seeing my face everywhere he goes

boiled_elephant likes this.
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Holy ****.

That was rather fortunate that you walked away from that.

12. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Whoa, I'm glad you're okay!!

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Going to see the last night Space Shuttle Launch.

14. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

You're telling me.

Thanks!

15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Man! That is very fortunate, and may the seller be pestered by you for a long time to come.

16. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Well, he goes to the same church as me, and last few times I've gone he cant even make eye contact with me, hasnt attempted to talk to me or my family that goes there. It's been interesting to say the least.

17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Sorry about your car, good thing you're in one piece... and so is the car... if the car was seriously dodgy it would have split in two. If you've got full comp insurance then it's not that big of a deal.
    I'm also guessing you've gone around plenty of roundabouts, and turned full lock in both directions while parking, and the steering never locked before? True?

If the steering ever did lock before, then the accident is your fault, for not getting it fixed!
    Or are you saying that it never did lock before, and the first time it allegedly did, is when you lost control over ice, whilst driving at a speed limit recommended for dry conditions?

18. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

CarFax or whatever it is called have anything dealing with your VIN number? Repairs and accidents show up there.

A thought.

john

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

nice ! Haruhi is such a bitch haha. Her character is awesome in every way

As for me well there isn't anything awesome in my life right now... nor is there anything tragic so it's cool. I'm a little lost about my future (professionally wise) but I'm already in a very good position and I have a lot I can build on so my future is bright

It's going to be a lot of work however

20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

We didnt know there was anything wrong with it until after the fact really. Only thing we saw was a bend in the front frame. And no, it never locked before. It never took corners well, but never locked up at all. The seller said it was never in any accidents, which obviously is a load of crap.

Yeah.. I actually have a ticket from where the driver of the car (sellers girlfriend) got into an accident from going too fast. I'm following up on that, and then going to get a CarFax when I have the money. They arent free anymore...