Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

If you like somewhere, you like somewhere - why not. :thumb:

We mainly go to new places but there are some we always return to.

IanW, Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well I have been going to the same area since I was 7. However, for the past 4 years I've been going to down to meet my friends, who all live there. Strange where life takes you ! But yeah, @Arboreal lives in the area, as do the rest of us. I'm the only one in Bognor lol. So once a year I go down and we do LAN and etc. A jolly with your mates, basically. Now what @Arboreal doesn't know is the real reason.... And it's this LOL.

[​IMG]

Mmmm, upset tummy !

[​IMG]

But no I jest of course. We game 4 nights a week, then I go down once a year and we all take the piss out of Martin :D I usually go to a caravan place, but due to age and arthritis and the beach being 3 miles away it has become less than ideal. So this time I decided to go right on their doorstep. Which makes life easier for all of us.

I was even with bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*waves at @David *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And day two. Where it was bloody lovely.

*Waves at @David again*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But seriously look. LOOOOOK !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been all over. Nearly every country in Europe, half way across the USA and I am still to find anywhere as beautiful as the motherland.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

*sevaw*

:winking:

adidan, Arboreal, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's been a long time coming, but the outbuilding is going up. It's got walls, now, and I think the lid goes on tomorrow - mostly 'cos the spark's due to wire it up, and that doesn't sound like the sort of thing you want to do without a roof.

Had a quick walk around the inside as-is. Ceiling's going to be low, I think to comply with planning regs, but I shouldn't have to duck. The window at the front affords me a view over the gate, down the drive, and between the two houses opposite - seeing the fields. Considering my current view's a plain beige wall, that's a major improvement.

Back wall will have the wood-burning stove, so I can have it crackling away behind me while I work. Heat-pump air-con to the right, so the exchanger isn't visible from the garden. Metre-wide (120cm, actually, but who's counting?) decking to the front, with guard rail so nobody falls off it to the garden a few feet below. Offset steps covering over the ugly stepped retaining wall thing the last owner put in. Maybe down to a ground-level deck, we're getting a quote on that.

Still plenty of work ahead of 'em - there's no insulation yet, no plasterboard walls, no ceiling, no window or door - but it's looking pretty building-like. Once it's up, I'll need to shove some carpet tiles on the flooring and then start actually moving in. At last.

It's going to be pretty nice having a decent-sized office with a view, not going to lie.

Vault-Tec, GeorgeStorm, IanW and 3 others like this.
  5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Not used the Legion laptop in a while as my wife nabbed it for her writing after the old and trusty 2015 Macbook Air started to feel the pain.

Damn I had forgotten what a beast this thing is.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Byron C and IanW like this.
  7. adidan

That's no way to talk about your wife you brute!

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Those are really nice, the oak wrist rest I made for myself, looks a bit dull now…

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

New CRT get. All things considered, it's not too far out of whack, just a few pot adjustments to get it back to where it should be.

[​IMG]

Show me that sweet sweet Trinitron aperture grille :naughty: - click to embiggen for full effect.

[​IMG]

Games made for CRTs work best on CRTs - go ahead, just try to change my mind, I will fight you

(YouPube has mutiliated the bitrate...)

Of course it was absolutely filthy, many antibac wipes blackened... *boak*...

Last edited: 17 Oct 2022
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Every game tested on my ARC750 works so far with performance that I would consider good for its supposed performance class. CP2077 is the only one where I am left scratching my head as its all over the place depending on pre-sets used.

Got a 3060Ti FE coming tomorrow to both act as my main gaming card and as a point of comparison (Would have gone with a 6700 non XT but my primary monitor is G-sync only). Not to mention so I can compare it (the Ti) to the 3080M in my wife's laptop.

All of the above thanks to selling the 3090FE and returning the RM1000e (no longer needed and its also making a really nasty sound when the fan starts up). :)

Byron C likes this.
  11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

final review with Sarge all passed and signed off, probation over and payrise inbound.

Goatee, IanW, MadGinga and 8 others like this.
  12. adidan

/ Salutes

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hah! Makes me chuckle - if you saluted a sergeant in the military you'd get an absolute bollocking for it :grin:

But congrats @Gunsmith :grin:

IanW and adidan like this.
  14. adidan

Ssshhhhhhh :happy:

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My boss is off-site on a course ALL DAY! :rolleyes:

Pete J likes this.
  16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Being "high" at work :naughty:
    On a med to help with constant headaches, a short term side affect is a euphoric feeling

Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.
  17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just got my promotion to a senior role (I have already been doing, but good to have it confirmed), my job role better defined (I basically got to pick the bits I wanted, which includes setting up operations in other countries) and pay rise confirmed!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Just in time for Ovo to increase my DD by £72 to £177... I live alone...

adidan, Weekly_Estimate, IanW and 2 others like this.
  18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I thought you were classed as senior a few ye.. oh right. Congratulations . :rock:

adidan and Bloody_Pete like this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I get that if I have straight codeine. Almost makes some work days bearable... :hehe:

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You cheeky motherfu.... :hehe::hehe::hehe:

adidan, Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.