1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Upgrading my current account, might not be awesome but it is still cool!

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Two shots per kill? I don't think you understand... I make 12 kills from 3 clips (4 rounds/clip) on a regular basis. Like... every other game. I only ever aim for the head. You should check out my file share if you have Reach ;) Gamertag is Unicorn7337 :thumb:

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I only have Halo3 I'm afraid and I haven't had XBL for yonks.

I always found that a quick double tap was far easier than going for the headshots. I guess I've been spoiled by too much CoD (although with a silenced sniper you're in a very similar boat). :D

If you want to see, I do have some BLOPS footage on youtube, although it's not that impressive.

EDIT: Looking back on it, spamming lots of roughly on-target shots is my speciality :D

Last edited: 17 Mar 2013
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A colleague has managed to get the entire factory touched by the noodly appendage of the FSM.
    She emailed "Kobuto Noodles" last week and blagged us 100 free samples today.

5. Unicorn

You should try Reach some time! As I've said before in the Gaming forum, I fell out with Halo 3 because of the number of matchmaking clans, people quitting slayer games, the poor ranking system and the ever present cheaters. Reach has a much more level playing field, although I'm now stuck firmly in the group of people receiving all the hate for playing in full parties or landing killing sprees/frenzies/riots/rampages all the way up to a few unfrigginbelievables every game :lol:

I really do need to get back to PC gaming eventually though. I have this really irrational fear that I'm going to be a total noob once I launch an FPS on the PC and have my hands on a keyboard and mouse again :worried: I want to reach Inheritor in Reach before going back to PC FPS at all, but playing regualr amounts like normal people with jobs and lives instead of an average of 10 hours per day like my XBL buddy Dom means it takes a long time to rank up :geek:

Seriously, for the last month before he made Inheritor, Dom averaged almost 10 hours per day D:

[edit]

Silverstone Europe customer service got back to me this morning. It seems I'm on my way to getting some "cannot be purchased from retailers" spares and accessories for my new build! :)

Last edited: 18 Mar 2013
  6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Off from work from tomorrow, and the most I have to do is getting my hair cut tomorrow morning, nothing else. Need to get my life ducks in a row, so that pretty much what I'm gonna do.

And finally get to play the new XCom :D

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My 4 year old now plays Video games. And I mean real video games like Skyrim. She understands how everything works too. She's a level 6 destruction mage. She likes Fire.......Not sure if I should be worried about that.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Suggest you keep her away from flames, and matches and any sourced of ignition.

I on the other hand have a nice cup of tea sitting next to me.

And am about to watch my latest tv shows. And then play End Game.

9. Unicorn

I am currently working in a school where supervising a SEN 5 year old for 2 hours per day is one of my many jobs - he is completely obsessed with violence and weapons as a result of being allowed to play Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox by his "sometimes there, sometimes not" Dad. At playtime, all he wants to do is run around pretending to kill the other children. He makes guns, knives and swords from lego, paper etc and constantly upsets the other children in his class. There has been a string of complaints from other parents because he is such a negative influence on their children and upsets them so much almost every day.

I also have a close relative whose life was almost ruined a couple of years ago by becoming addicted to playing WoW.

Your kid, your call, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Things contribute to an out of control child. I just meant she likes the in game fire spells. It was more of a jest than a serious thing. I'd never let her play things like Call of duty, Red dead or GTA. Plus i'm a full time dad, not a part time one. The missus is an Accountant.

Plus WOW? I dunno how people get so addicted to MMORPGs. I played it a few years ago when it was still at it's peak of popularity. I got bored after playing up to about level 30 or so and stopped.

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The problem is their has been no guiding hand in this childs life to tell them, what you are playing isn't real. I know it is a concept that a young child cannot truly understand. But making them aware that what happens on the screen stays on the screen would have helped this child.

But absent fathers and lack of parenting mothers will lead to such behavior.

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

It's arrived!! Been waiting for this for ages. Only ordered it the other day but I have been trying to find them in stock for months, I always seemed to miss them.

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

having a 2 hour meeting with the crysis team and 2 psychologists and coming out the other side WTIHOUT having to go for a stay in hospital

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Love me some Kershaw action. Got a Speedsafe Shallot and a thumb-stud Salvo, both of which have been great EDC blades.

15. Unicorn

Congrats on the new steel rastus, that should serve you very well indeed :thumb:

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Got Industry Giant 2 working on W7, including the multiplayer :D

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

good music, a cold can and photoshop.

feels good man.

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

snap, but

good music, hot tea and dreamweaver.

so not snap actually.

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

partner has taken the baby out for the day meaning i can work on me website which is lovely!!