1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Reference Byron having had a bank error in his favour. Unless you've got him on block or something but then that would be awkward :worried:

Or you could just claim to not have read the thread, to offer you a get out of jail free card?

Byron C likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just got the certificate for entitlement to a decree. Is being heard in court on 19th April. So with any luck in 10 days I will be divorced. That also explains why she was trying so hard to get the TV and other items out of me. I guess she knew she was running out of time.

Phew. Very happy, very happy indeed. It's nearly over..

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Re-routed and shortened some hoses, made the whole thing look so much neater - all prepped for first commute this week... typically it's forecast to piss down all week, but that won't stop me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bawjaws likes this.
  4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ends up something I was stuck on for 4 hours was a one liner fix. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Also feeling better using our new framework :)

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I got a new job!!! :eeek::clap::rock:

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I bet you're sick of it already ;)

[Congrats]

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nice one man. Good luck with it :)

Well after what seemed like forever my headphones arrived at 6:30 PM (seems DPD have new delivery hours) and I am in love. It's like Grado, but with a really low wallop thrown in.

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Congrats . What's it doing?

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

First ride into work this morning - my arse is broken, my heart and lungs are burning, my calves are cramping and my wrists are aching... But it was worth it!

I would say "it can only get easier from here", but I know DOMS is gonna kick me squarely in the nuts tomorrow morning. I had 2 stop twice to add air to the rear tire (and catch my breath), but I still covered the 10.4 miles, and 271ft of elevation, in just over an hour. I'm hoping to get that down to 45-50 mins by the end of the month.

TheMadDutchDude and bawjaws like this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My idle pondering about replacing the factory oil cooler sandwich plate with one prepped for pressure and temp sensors has turned out to be doable.

Downside: It'll be in the region of £340 to add pressure/temp sensors and appropriate gauges. Plus the time to route and mount everything.

But it'd be good to know, I think.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Wakka nice one. It definitely will get easier, and I reckon you'll see a tangible improvement within the first couple of weeks. If you aren't already using Strava, it's a great motivational tool in terms of tracking improvement (just don't turn into a Strava whore and focus more on times than on actually enjoying your cycling).

I'd sort that tyre out, though. Are you using a mountain bike?

Wakka and MLyons like this.
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I used to use Strava when running, I think the first couple of weeks i'll just focus on getting familiar with the route, hardening my buttocks and getting my cardio fitness back to a semi-decent level hah. Once I don't have to worry about that, i'll start tracking progress :thumb:

The tire issue I think is just down to that literally being the first ride and the sealant still working it's way into the micro gaps - the gap between the 1st and 2nd top-up pretty much doubled, and it didn't need any topping up again once I got here, so it should be good now!

13. The_Crapman

I might get sick of the really early mornings pretty dam quick, but that should only be till I've earned enough brownie points/trust that they don't mind being late by a minute or 2. The trains are every hour, arriving ten to, but the station is 15-20 min walk away from the office. Thinking of getting a folding bike which should cut that down enough but, trains and delays... :rollingeyes:

Thanks all. Going back into a treasury job. No more moronic utility companies, just numbers, ledgers and logic. Bliss :hip:

14. MLyons

When i first started here I didn't drive so i had to get the hour long bus. On my first day i got here at a little before 8 because I didn't want to arrive on the 9:02 bus. They quickly said don't worry about it. Same thing going back. I could either get the 17:20 bus or 18:40 back and I kept getting the late one until they said not to worry about it.

TheMadDutchDude and The_Crapman like this.
  15. The_Crapman

Some places/bosses are OK with that kind of thing, some aren't just for the sake of being 'the boss'. Considering the super relaxed nature of the interview (we could basically have been 2 guys sat in a pub talking at the bar) I doubt that will be the case, but I'd like to put in a week or 2 of being early and earning some respect before I start asking for anything. Plus I don't know how they'll react to a mech keyboard in the office :hehe:

16. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

It's when they start saying "Don't worry about coming in (at all) " that you need to worry !

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

New car is going to be massively cheaper to run

Old car - tax £280 fuel per year roughly £2600
    New car- Tax £150 fuel per year roughly £800

Rough saving - £1930 a year :lol:

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Been going to the same gym for 5 years and never done any of the organised sessions/classes, and because of that I struggled to motivate myself to go sometimes because it was a bit samey. My wife does 2-3 classes per week and rates all of them so made me pick one, they're all included in the membership after all. So, in my infinite wisdom I picked this one... Worst. 30 Minutes. Ever. And now I feel awesome and looking forward to the next session. Funny how that works.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  19. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Just notice that my work laptop has an incredible battery.
    [​IMG]
    From the time of the picture I won't need to charge until February 13, 2019. :hehe:

Wakka, ElThomsono and MLyons like this.
  20. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Almost finished renovating my new flat, carpets went in yesterday (they smell so good!).

Second probationary meeting at my new job was ace, they are really pleased with me : )

Lots of stuff to look forward too with my GF this summer, plus an awesome stag do I'll be attending in May.

MLyons likes this.