1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Well, there are people in there:

upload_2019-8-5_8-27-42.png

But nobody seems to be saying owt.

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Planned, bought and built my first ever Water cooling loop over the weekend.

CPU and GPU are both cooled by a single 360mm radiator with a combination of blocks from Corsair and EK.

Took me around 5 hours to build as I was really taking my time (especially with the GPU block and tube routing).

Spent 3 hours leak testing and so far so good!. :)

I think I have caught the WC bug as it was awesome to see it all come together.

The_Crapman and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Went to login to my Vodafone account to download my bill for cashback claim - couldn't remember password, so generate a new, temporary, one. Great, but now I need a confirmation code sent to my phone as an additional security measure... But both the numbers listed as options aren't mine?

So far, so frustration. Hop onto livechat, expecting much banging head against brick wall. Nope! Explain problem, less than 5 minutes later all fixed.

Arboreal and Guest-44638 like this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Airbrush all fixed and work on the GP01 can resume.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Two things,

Huge de clutter of the garage (four tips runs and counting) means a whole heck of space which I'm not planning on filling bar a work bench extension, and some shelving which will actually help de clutter further.

Also my old white carbon frame has been resurected, a friend put me in touch with someone who repairs carbon for motorsport. hes fixed the damage, done an ultrasound to check for cracks and media blasted it for me. Now need to work out what I'll do with it.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Forgot my Paypal was set to never take money from it's balance and always from my Credit Card.

Found a useful amount of money sat in my Paypal balance because of it, car insurance paid for!

Make a bike out of it?

Dr. Coin likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I am the god of hell.. Wait, no, no.

The screen arrived from China, and after some head scratching as to why it was displaying weirdly, I got it to display how I wanted it.

And it kind of looks about almost right, too, which is nice. Some more searching through u8g2 fonts and changing my mind is inevitable while I also faff around making the FMJ stuff inverse on a filled box so it looks like the film. Also included is the LED and the trigger functionality. They both work when you don't use pin 2 for both functions like a complete spanner.

8. legoman

Its a given, just what? The Ti bike is amazing, great on pretty much anything. The carbon one is blindingly quick snappy handling but its super stiff and punishes you on anything bar silky smooth roads. Ill probably just try an get a sub 7Kg bike out of it which should be doable.

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

New CPU arriving within the next ~75m... :D

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Make an "event" bike, and keep your current one as a daily rider...? Might not be a given that you can 'justify' multiple machines, but...

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I remembered why I used to get my PC parts from aria.co.uk - free Haribo™ mini Tangfastics© :D

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OCUK do that too..

Booked my train tickets earlier. It's happening !

I decided to invite Ma and my aunt Pam for 3 days so they are coming down at the beginning. Should be good fun :)

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Qwertee (where I get t-shirts) also do the free haribo thing. :thumb:

14. legoman

Hmm I could do

Wiggle - Haribo
    Sigma Sports - Jelly beans!

15. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Lotta free sweet-age to be had out there, it seems.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pooter NOT dead.

In a moment of inspiration I chucked the multimeter on the cable that connects the PSU to the rear of the chassis. Hey ho, what do you know, continuity issue. I had the covers off the other day to clean the fan filters and probably disturbed the cable - there must be a broken wire in the cable - bend it one way and it's fine, but bend it the other way and no tone. I had a spare. :)

Thanks to @Fingers66 for the offer of a CPU to test my board.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The pile of Arduino Nano's I ordered are all not the old bootloader, like the one I use for testing/knobbing about with. Which is nice.

Also my 3.5" LCD arrived, so I can crack on with working out how one displays an image and then draws text over it... Also how to use custom fonts.

Being unemployed may suck from a cash perspective, but I'm getting a lot of things done I wouldn't normally.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Why did you make me click that link? There are now so many things I want... There's a reason I stayed away from Qwertee for so long.

IanW and liratheal like this.
  19. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Saw two of my oldest friends and their kids who traveled down from Bournemouth to see me. Went to an air park/trampoline place after I finished work to wear the kids out. Had an awesome time, got to have a good chat with friends, and chase the kids around the trampolines for a spell. Proper giggle.

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@David tinkers. Pooter no worky. Mystery solved.

Good on ya Miss Marple :lol: