1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If it's a large enough piece of earwax, pull it with a bobby pin.
    Ewwww.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ear cleaning tool (think a small honey spoon). that an ear syringing I've had zero problems for the past few years. To the point when I had a hearing test they commented how clean my ear canal was.

Also headphone wise, open backs will cause less sweaty ear issues which can cause ear wax problems

Last edited: 19 Aug 2019
  3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I gave up on in-ear phones a while ago. I just found that with any sort of regular use they caused more problems than they were worth.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

In the shower tilt your head to the side and let your ear fill up with water. If there is any gunk buildup in there then the warm water should at least soften it a bit. Do this a couple of times to rinse and then swap to the other side. I also use cotton buds as well, which I know is an INCREDIBLY bad thing to do but... old habits die hard.

Never ever EVER try ear candles or any other wacky "alternative remedies" unless you want to risk permanent hearing loss - not to mention the risks associated with hot candle wax dripping on your face. If you're struggling, ask your doctor or a reputable (and I stress reputable) pharmacist for recommendations.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Just booked a two-day trip with the girlfriend to get our heads clear and recharge our drained batteries after all the funeral and government-loves-forms crap.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Glad to hear you're getting away, after the crap you've had to deal with recently it's well needed.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Get them clear first, then keep them that way.

As I said, I've not had a single infection since I made cleaning my ears part of my daily schedule. And I have problems with my ears too.

8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I only use 1-tips for the outer edges of my ears, other than that, rinse with water in the shower as mentioned above.

9. Vault-Tec

If you put them in and twirl them gently whilst pressing them on the ear canal sides you'd be surprised how much comes out. I then use the other end to clean the opening and then dip another one in alcohol and clean the outside and crevices.

I didn't want to but now it's just part of the daily and it's worked. I also use ear plugs for sleeping so yeah, quite important to keep them clear and clean.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Use a bic pen lid, that little hole in em cores out ear wax bloody well, bonus is no one will nick your pens.

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So I've just taken a couple of "lifestyle" photos around the house and garden for the estate agents, since they weren't able to capture certain lighting features and whatnot during the day, and I'm just sitting here staring at this one thinking how damn chuffed I am with all of the hard work I put into building this room and how pleased I am with how it's turned out (and half-wondering why on earth I'm moving to do it all over again)

[​IMG]

perplekks45, MLyons, adidan and 6 others like this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

adidan likes this.
  13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

First time since the strokes I've drawn three creatures/humans in just three attempts. This includes ink too. I'm working from reference pieces but still I'm finding success and that's more than I've been able to say for half a decade.

adidan, IanW, Pliqu3011 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a nice cheque for £506 from HMRC :grin:

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Be careful. The one and only time I've ever had a cheque off them, they wrote to me again a couple of months later saying it was a mistake and they needed to deduct the £400 odd off my wages. Although was like an interest free loan for my shiny new gold clubs. :hehe:

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If you can afford gold clubs, 400 quid is nothing. :grin:

The_Crapman, David, MLyons and 2 others like this.
  17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Why not use a pressure washer like us normal people? :lol: Yeah dont

MLyons and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Up and down day but ended well.

After playing The Last Of Us and falling in love I fancied a PS4 pro for the next one coming out. Apparently they are great for proper 1080p/60.

So I went on the bay and found a pro. Or so I thought. I bought it, then my buddy points out it's not a pro. Emailed the seller and got a refund.

So now I'm gutted. Go on Amazon and find a refurb for £269. Noted the seller was Music Magpie and I order all my CDs from them. So I went to their website and it was £245 direct. But, today they were offering an extra £20 off so I got it for £224.99. happy with that, and it frees up my regular PS4 to bring to mum's :)

IanW likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's pretty cool

[​IMG]

And yes it'll run real actual games...

[​IMG]

You really do need decent Wifi though, preferably 802.11ac 5GHz. This phone (currently on loan) will do 5GHz but only on 802.11n :blah:. It manages, but you'll see blockiness and artefacts now and then. The controller doesn't work with iOS despite the advertised claims, but that's an Apple problem with their MFI nonsense...

If the Nintendo Switch could run Steam Link it would be bloody amazing. Srsly. But Nintendo will never let that happen...

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Won't TLoU2 be on the PS5 next year? (No doubt on the 4 too though).

Either way a good deal on the Pro.