1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Hey, frybread is what we had to eat after we were rounded up and driven off our land and could no longer access our ancestral foods. Frybread is a sociopolitical phenomenon. Yorkshire puddings are bourgeoisie food.

ElThomsono likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Trust me as a brit who lived in your country for 9 years, you wouldn't know what a decent Yorkshire pudding was.

I mean ffs you don't even have lard. Just vegetable shortening that's akin to vaseline.

Gunsmith likes this.
  3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

What do you think we fry frybread in? Of course we have lard. I keep a couple of pounds on hand most of the time.

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The beauty of Yorkies, you can eat them with virtually anything. :happy:

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

They're our equivalent to american 'biscuits' as in biscuits in gravy - however what you call a biscuit is closer to what we call a dumpling.

Yorkshire puddings are essentially the same batter mix as english style pancakes, however instead of frying them flat, you bake them til they rise.

Arboreal likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Season 4 of The Expanse is live today, all 10 episodes.

Hell motherflipping yes.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I got a free Prime month and have been binge watching.

Up to the start of Season 3, wasn't expecting much but absolutely loving it. Great timing with it being saved and the 4th season coming online.

8. Vault-Tec

I completed The Last Of Us Remastered last night after some quite gruelling tough bits. Like so tough I began to wonder if I would ever complete it.

I'm so proud. I feel like that moment when I first stepped out of the vault in FO3.

I started to feel sad, then remembered it came with a DLC.

It has now entered the nose bleed seating of excellence for me. Top 3 ever for sure.

liratheal and adidan like this.
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Halfway through re-watching season 3, as well as reading the books, before watching season 4 - It's taking a significant act of will to restrain the urge to jump right in.

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

Just onto 4 now (had the entire day to myself yesterday so, yeah, square eyes)

Think i'll get a hold of the books and give them a read after this.

Arboreal likes this.
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ghost were very good live. Definitely worth going to see, should the opportunity arise.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2019
    Almightyrastus and Byron C like this.
  12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally tamed (I think) the 7980XE at 4.3Ghz all core. Added a 240mm RAD in the roof of the O11 Air and swapped the SP120 fans (didn't realise I had the 'quiet' models) for ML120's. I think I will do a full write up blog style as it feels like I have been through a lot with this system already..

(7980XE @ 4.3Ghz All core 1.08v - not de-lidded or lapped)

Temps with Single 360mm RAD & SP120's running @ 1500RPM (max):

[​IMG]

With additional 240mm RAD & switching SP120's for ML120's @ ~65% (They didn't ramp up fully as the temp was so much lower...):

[​IMG]

(Idle temps were a little lower on the second run but I had seen the same temps on the 360mm setup even with similar idle temps).

Also ran a CB R20 and compared it to the 280mm AIO I had when I first got the 7980XE:

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Yeah.... Just a tad lower... :p

(Also I think my score is lower as I switched MB's between runs and it was a different OS install. Voltage was set at 1.08v on both).

Now I have some thermal headroom I should be able to push it further... :D:D

13. Vault-Tec

I'm not sure why stuff that sucks ass should be making me happy but hey, it's another step towards Christmas.

Called a taxi earlier to bring me home. It's damp and cold and windy down here by the sea. Any way I wait nearly an hour and nothing. Phone rings it's the taxi office, sorry their text messages are not working he's outside.

I load up with all of the presents for the girls at the trust and my care worker and head off too the pub to wait outside. There's no parking outside mum's

Get there and the impatient twunt had done one so there I stood for another 30 mins ffs.

Then I had to lug nearly ten kilos of bloody chocolates, sweets and candles up 152 steps. It nearly killed me.

But, it's done. And when Friday comes all I gotta do is do one more taxi trip and I can do nothing for two weeks. And it's gonna be a belter.

Last year I was busy buying pretty much everything. New bed, heck, new bedroom and kitchen and etc.

This year I'm able to buy lots of stuff for those I love which is awesome. Even spoiled the doges and have a 12 pack of newcy brown waiting at my brother's for me.

Bring it.

If I get tied up etc I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas, and thank you all for putting up with me for another year.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, definitely on the list if they are around here some time. Missed out on a few this year due to lack of pennies / illness, I was hoping to get to see Halestorm when they played the Ice Arena, but funds prohibited again. Turns out that it was a good thing that I couldn't get a ticket as my tooth/gum went pop at that time. Meh, I'll get there some time.

liratheal likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Got confirmation today that I will be getting a pay rise with effect from 1st of Jan, and also found out what my minimum annual bonus will be (which is also payable in Jan). Final bonus amount to be confirmed by early Jan, but hopefully by the end of the year. Just the minimum amount will pay off one of our debts entirely, so anything else on top of that speeds up our overall financial plan even more.

For a while after accepting this role I wondered whether or not I'd made the right decision... It was definitely the right decision.

It's been a long road getting here, but every step has been worth it.

bawjaws, IanW, Arboreal and 4 others like this.
  16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Got a renewal letter for contents insurance on the house we sold 18 months ago.

I went through all the paperwork and cancelled everything at the time and, when I saw this going out of the account every month I thought is was a different insurance policy (which is actually combined with something else). So... I rang them up and got a policy drone telling me there's nothing they can do about it, which really pisses me off, and I kicked things up a notch and asked to make a complaint.

The customer complaints dept also tried to bat me off with the old "unless you have proof" routine, until I pointed out it was their own conveyancing arm that handled the sale of the house, and emailed them a copy of the invoice.

They're paying it all back plus interest. :)

Vault-Tec, perplekks45, IanW and 5 others like this.
  17. adidan

I brought in stuff from the boot last night, the good lady things from the back seat.

This morning she starts the car up and realises the back door she used had been left open all night.

The car was still there, nothing was taken (nothing to take), the battery was fine and the only thing that happend was that, by the paw prints, a cat had had a little nap there.

I'll take that as a win.

Arboreal, IanW, David and 2 others like this.
  18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

You live in Canada...???

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Nah this was man made.
    [​IMG]