1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about NEC 20WGX2 20.1"?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boxcarhobo, 20 Mar 2007.

1. Boxcarhobo

Boxcarhobo What's a Dremel?

I'm getting two monitors for dual screen setup - are those two good to go for?
    Is there a better offer?
    Also which one is better NEC 20WGX2 or Viewsonic vx2025vm?

Thanks in advance!

2. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

The NEC 20WGX2 hands down. You really do pay for what you get, vibrante colors and great image quality.

Or get two Samsung SM-226BW 22" TFTs for a little bit less. Very good screen, see the Bit-tech review here. You'll have bigger screen real-estate (same res as 20"), but its not quite as good as the NEC 20WGX2 and doesn't quite have the same color reporduction quality. 22" is also good if your eye sight isn't that great.

3. Boxcarhobo

if i had the option to go for VX2025wm,should i get them?
    They got golden bit tech award

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Well my dad uses it in his office and I'll can tell you that I would nick it if I could - it's amazing to use (and this is before we talk about gaming).

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I don't know about your monitor... but my experience with NEC is:

I have a CRT NEC MultiSync FE791SB... every LCD I saw has no close match to it...
    Modern look, perfectly flat glass and image. 85Hz so no flickering... can reach super high resolutions. 1280x1024 default, 1600x1200 @ 75Hz, max resolution 2048x1536. AND that's a 17inch monitor. Super nice colors, specially with SuperBright mode in games\movies (eg: sun in games looks like a sun (brighter (in light intensity) then other areas) Black is real black (no very dark gray. The same black as if the monitor was turned off), white is perfect white. Super detailed, easy to read small text from far. I had this monitor since mid-2004 or 2005 (somewhere in between), and still feels\look brand new. This was my first NEC monitor, and I won't change it for anything in the world, other then the same model but bigger.

My next monitor is NEC at 100%. Expensive, very yes, but I think even if they double the price it's still worth buying it.

6. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Well, you cannot compare a good CRT to TFTs by the brand. I have a 19" NEC Diamond Pro CRT but their new 27" widescreen bad boy TFT is a bit pants (horrible response times....lovely colors though). Which is why I plucked for an Eizo Flexiscan S2411W 24" widescreen TFT after some carefull consideration. Still the NEC 20WGX2 20.1" TFT is good.

7. kempez

kempez modding again!

The NEC is a better monitor by far but you pay for that quality. One thing to note is that due to NEC's technology the screen is very reflective

8. Boxcarhobo

i think i'll go for the viewsonic becouse its cheaper,
    got gold bittech award and becouse it has better design

9. GoodBytes

I was talking about quality wise:

My experience with Viewsonic CRTs (high-end model) was very poor.
    It worked fine and gaved average results. After the day of teh warrenty, proplem started... The image becomes a bit wavy on the screen. and teher is no way to adjust it, colors started to lose saturation (within months). I thought at the beginig it was just bad luck... I got an other viewsonic.. same issue...

Then I switch to Sony, then they stop making good monitors (features and specs wise)... and I got NEC. And love it.

10. Boxcarhobo

why is the golden award then?

11. GoodBytes

what?

12. Boxcarhobo

13. GoodBytes

1- my experience was with Viewsonic CRT quality.
    2- I didn't say they are not great... they are amazing.. but quality wise they have (for the CRT anyway) image issues after the warranty warns out.