1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL What does your BT username mean?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shirty, 2 Mar 2012.

1. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

2. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

It means nothing and has no connotations. That's kind of the point. It's something a friend came up with as a name in a game about 18 years ago. He also came up with "ratsex" which isn't quite so innocent and meaningless! I've used the second one, but not often!

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ugggh... G19. What a terrible excuse for a keyboard they are. Logitech are my favourite peripheral manufacturer, but the G15 and G19 were utterly disappointing. I had a G15 years ago, instantly switched to a Saitek Eclipse. When you're a gamer, the G series boards are fine. When you're a gamer and do actual work on your computer every day, G series hits the closest wall with a bang and you buy something that actually feels like a keyboard and you can type on comfortably. They're great gaming keyboards, and the bells and whistles are plentiful and brilliant, but they ignored the fundamental part - it has to be a good board to type on as well.

Plus, they're not made to take any sort of abuse at all. My brothers G15 took a slight spill of Jolt energy drink at an iSeries one year - Instant keyboard death. A drunken housemate once spilled an entire can of beer over my Saitek Eclipse in my old flat at uni - I took it apart the next morning and washed the keyholder, keys and membrane... Still works today. My bro's G15 had worn WASD keys after a couple of years of use. I've typed hundreds of thousands of words on all three of my Eclipse keyboards and played thousands of hours of games using them, and there's not a single worn key on any of them. Built. To. Last. :thumb:

I am incredibly creeped out now. Thanks :thumb:

OCD? Me? Naaaahhh... :worried:

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's my actual name. Quite easy. It used to be ninjasansan, but that was due to me making a pun out of my chinese name.

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

6. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Odd, my Eclipse II started spamming random characters at random intervals after about 6 months of usage -- a shame since I really did like it.

Back on topic, my name is Duncan and I'm known for doing things that are digital in nature -- simples :)

I didn't actually come up with the name myself, the locals started calling me it and it caught on, though I don't seem to be called it so much these days.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Back in the day, I played a great deal of quake online... The first quake. I got sick of all the stupid 14 year olds with names like "hell lord", or "daemon balls" or whatever.... S I chose a really silly name that sounded a bit lame, and chose to wear bright pink armour. I enjoyed the fact that I pwned with a silly name and pink armour. You can imagine the 14 year old's reactions. I just kept it, as it's different.

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I totally agree!

This is a good example!

9. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Sploosh came from the book Holes, then that was taken for battlefield 2, so i went with Splooshiba.

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You missed the part where I never said I had an Eclipse II ;) Mine are the original Eclipses - these bad boys, which are almost identical to the newer Cyborg V5, which is also an awesome board. Saitek was taken over by Mad Catz and they re-launched the Eclipse V1 as the Cyborg V5. The differences between the two are negligible. The Eclipse II was a horrible mistake by Saitek - probably one of the reasons they got themselves taken over and became a subsiduary of a much larger company :p

"Unicorn" has the same effect in most games, I find :hehe:

Holy crap, that was horrible. I didn't read past the first line :rolleyes:

11. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I prefer my posts to be in neat brick layers, not a honking great wall!

12. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

A Bogomip is the number of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing. I don't know how I came to pick this name but I remember when I changed it here - I asked RTT to change it here first and he changed it to "Boompig", but eventually changed it to Bogomip. These days I still go by Bogomip (though others have now adopted the name, so my alternates are "Boompig" or "Bogopimp").

My original name was JafferAB. I don't know where Jaffer came from but AB are my initials. Anyway, someone told me that Jaffer is american slang for something, possibly this:

There is one good definition of Jaffer, but mostly it sucks :)

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Mine? My current gamertag. The one most people hate me the most for. Don't argue with one [RMDT].//TuNdRa because he will not shut the fk up if you start bitching. (True story)

14. RTT

RTT #parp

Mine stands for Really Tough Tits

15. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I am going to buy one just so i can put it in bed next to someone whilst they sleep.

16. IDS-IPS

IDS-IPS What's a Dremel?

Um, ...Just, Um...

What the hell?:eyebrow:

17. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

I'm Emz, when I was 14 people called me Emzi a lot - and when you say emzi in a faux posh accent whilst being le silly it sounds like emzay... so i just went with that...

*edit* That and before this I was called 'Avatar_Girl_Emz' which was only relevant for about a month.

Teelzebub likes this.
  18. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Use the "Jakl" (Pronounced Jackal) nick for a lot of gaming/pc tech related stuff, usually with some kind of prefix or suffix to denote context.
    In here, as its tech related.... well QED :)

19. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

My surname is Tye and I like Pie, swap the I for a Y to match up to my surname and I've got tyepye....simples.

20. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

My Handle for everything gaming (or a slight variation) No idea where it came from - had it for ages - first word, birth certificate, or some such :p