1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What made you decide to join bit-tech?

Discussion in 'General' started by Trevor28, 20 Feb 2012.

1. ZxH800

ZxH800 What's a Dremel?

I was looking for help with going about building my very first PC! And here I am a good few months on happily on my fantastic PC! No problems what so ever yet so my experience here has been very useful!

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The articles, I used to read every single one...

I naturally gravitated toward the Hardware forums after that, and spent more than a year without even entering the General section.

3. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

I finally got a part time job and I was putting about 80% of my wage away each month towards a PC. I had no idea about the current hardware at the time so I was googling for some good reviews for hardware and came across Bit-Tech. :)

Through reading forum posts I learned so much about hardware and software that now I am pretty confident in it.

4. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Don't remember, honestly.

I guess I was trying to spread my worklog (ModCron).

Stayed because of you guys!

5. yellowbomb

yellowbomb Minimodder

Came for the Blackmesa HL². Stayed 'cause it's an awsome site.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

was the serious section I remember.. we got arguing about muslims or something like that.. sos

I liked to read what tim was up to at the time- he was always messing with something cool.. remember his twitter account too, like when he was trying to isolate why nvidia cards squeeled like a pig with a oscillator

most people don't do that kind of stuff.. if it doesn't have a joystick attached to it and involve a bean bag and a bag of cheetos.. possibly some squats or inner thigh workouts

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Modding. Simple like this :)

8. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

full of nice clever people!

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Cheesecake party at mine....did noone get that memo? Ah well more for me! :grin:

Im a customPC refugee, joined their old site and less than a month later was closed =( the currents of change brought me here tho :thumb:
    tbh no one else would take me in, prob explains why no one came to the afore mentioned party lol

Gunsmith, just for you

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Feb 2012
  10. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Decided to subscribe after seeing an offer through my BCS membership.

11. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

:grr:

Need...

Cheesecake...

12. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I have no idea why I joined bit-tech, it was so long ago.

All I remember is that in 2003 the forums got screwed and I made this new account...and so my old details and original join date are forever lost to the mists of time.

Side note: I have an air freshener on my desk at work called 'Time Mist'....seriously.....no it doesn't work...not even as an air freshener....unless it is working and simply seems not be working as the air travels back in time before it comes out of the nozzle....thus seemingly having no effect in the present...a conundrum.

13. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I was researching parts for my first build on the main site. Finally decided roughly what I wanted and asked for advice on the forum to iron out the kinks.

Job done but went to turn it on and got nothing :( asked for some more help on the forum and the members helped me out with what I'd done wrong and got it working :)

Figured I'd stumbled on to a rare breed on the internet where by most of the people who post are all good people trying to help others and have stuck around since :thumb:

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Where is this mythical wonderland :lol:

15. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Became a serious lurker when I saw Orac3 (link) (well worth looking at all 5 parts)
    My oldest post I could find is years later for BaDassumption (link) (awesome as well)

Stayed for the really good, in depth, hardware reviews.

16. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Voices told me to.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It was all so long ago now - nearly 10 years to a day, actually... Think I found this place through hardocp.com, I was a regular on the hardforums (and genmay when it was split off into a different site). But it was the overclocking and case modding that kept me here (and the fact that it was, and still is, a much better site).

It was rare to have a UK perspective on overclocking and case modding - they truly were dark arts back then... Overclocking meant a couple of hundred extra MHz at best and watercooling really was extreme...