1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Things finally came to a stand with my family. I said something pretty foolishly and they took it to heart, then it all sort of came out. Told them how I felt, how I basically resented them during my childhood and my parents for ignoring me and showering them with attention. I have a near perfect memory when it comes to my own experiences, so I could tell them nearly every time they bullied, harassed or what was basically abuse.

Another thing is that I'm probably autistic. After looking at my daughter and thinking back to my childhood, she's basically like I was. I shut myself away, had trouble making friends, social anxiety and awkwardness. I disliked physical contact and generally avoided eye contact. I collected odd things and I was pretty obsessive about things. Even now I find it difficult to maintain eye contact for even a minute or so during a conversation.

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

This dutch keyboard layout is driving me mad. Even worse than Belgium's AZERTY.
    [​IMG]
    Hope I can find a nice comfy ANSI US QWERTY replacement keyboard for my thinkpad at a somewhat reasonable price.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

RIP wrist pad. Spilled a load of Ecig liquid on it and put it in the washing machine. Now it looks like a banana. A banana full of water, I didn't realise the rubber was porous so now it's about five times heavier than before.

So then I go off to buy one but can't decide and have wasted over an hour browsing and still haven't ordered one.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Also don't spill it on any clothes. It will leave a near impossible to rid stain.

5. Vault-Tec

I'm usually very careful. I usually fill it (the cig) before bed so I don't have to mess with it when I wake up. But today I hadn't and I am all out of coffee so I had to do this morning cold turkey meaning I was still asleep until about ten minutes ago. So spills are rare, and I usually have tissue and wet wipes on my desk.

I needed a new one any way, but now I remembered why I hadn't ordered one. It was the perfect size but crap material and marked really bad so I didn't want one the same, and most are heffa great things (I have a tiny KB). I like the Mionix ones (Ice Cream) but they are £19. For some reason I am being really tight with money atm. For no reason really..

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I have been inking pages of a sequence all day, a sequence set underwater looking up at the surface.

THE SQUIGGLY LINES THEY ARE IN MY BRAIN!

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Pacific Rim 2 trailer....

What is this, I don't even.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I thought i'd clicked on a Power Rangers clip/trailer by mistake...

9. Vault-Tec

Empathy. Usually I would have none, but I do love animals..

Any way, this morning a friend of mine posted a video on Facebook (back on there for the fam) of his beautiful Siamese cat Panpan. It was having a scrap with his god Terk. The dog is like a wolf thing, absolutely huge. Any way, I commented saying what a beautiful cat and I admired its balls for scrapping with such a big dog.

About an hour later he posts saying the cat had gotten out of the house and could people please re-post. He was frantic.

Two hours later he found his cat dead at the roadside :(

I was absolutely gutted for him. Poor ******* is in bits :(

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Operations.

Specifically; operations on me. After going to A&E Twice in the last week; they figured out what was wrong the second time.

Brace yourselves, Men of Bit;
    Testicular Torsion.

So yeah, Went into an op for that, and the good doctor secured everything down, even the other one, so now I've got some pretty fantastic aches and I can't bend in some ways.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No spoilers here.LOL.
    Testicular Torsion. = Testicular torsion occurs when the spermatic cord (from which the testicle is suspended) twists, cutting off the testicle's blood supply. Which does sound unpleasant.

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It is very unpleasant. 0/10, would not recommend.

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Been there, done that, now immune to all forms of what used to be considered "pain"....

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Work, more specifically we found out yesterday our days are numbered first off we are moving site, not a massive issue. The main issue is moving to a digitised service, as in reducing the staff count by about 3/4s then move those remaining roles abroad for cheaper labour.
    So basically we've all been told were out of the job at some point in the not to distant future. For me I've been there six years so not sure if I wasn't to jump ship now or take redundancy when it comes.

15. TekWarrior

TekWarrior What's a Dremel?

I cant help but feel that The Last Jedi trailer gives away all of the story of the film and its really bugging me! Not a huge problem to have in life but its a problem none the less!

16. Bradley

Bradley I used to have more banners than you :(

Very frustrating, as they did so well with The Force Awakens to catch all our attention without giving anything away at all! I feel like they've shown too much now... Hope I'm wrong!

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

When is the release date? I normally end up forgetting the trailer by the time I see it in the cinema

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

The main reason I tend to avoid trailers if I can, and the only reason I haven't watched that one as I'm really looking forward to it!

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

See, I reckon the TLJ trailer is deliberately misleading, trying to convince you that the story is going to pan out one way through splicing together separate scenes so that they look contiguous... Could be wrong, but I think it's all misdirection.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Dec 18 I think.