1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorry, man. What a beautiful cat :(

Byron - I feel you brother. A slight tweak in one of my ADs has turned me into a wind and poo factory. With a production line going 24 hours a day, ffs.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh my god it simply will not end. My guts are making noises that cannot be human...

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Generally things are fine, but heading up to see the other half this evening to have 'the talk' and part ways. It sucks and it's killing me today.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Flatulence is the screams of trapped ****. Go eat some fig rolls or something.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

GAP insurers for my recent (ish) write-off have finally sent their processed claim confirmation. Because they only cover the cost of the vehicle on the finance agreement, not any extras or services, it's left me with a shortfall of about £1k.

Not the end of the world by any measure - it's still allowed me to get out of a high interest/high monthly payment finance agreement and into a much more manageable one, with a car that is considerably cheaper to run too... And truth be told, the old DS would have cost me at least that over the next couple of years in work (it had more than a few gremlins) - but an extra £1k on the CC over the Christmas period will need working off!

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Next door have got a puppy. It yaps. It is now a war of atrition as to what happens first, whether it grows out of it or whether I lose my mind from continually disrupted sleep.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If they were trapped it would be great. My problem is quite the opposite.

8. Vault-Tec

Last week a guy sent me, completely FOC, a set of 1982 brakes. The only catch was they looked like this.

[​IMG]

They arrived around 11am this morning so I set to work. First I stripped them of paint and anodising, then I drilled and fitted new, larger, better cable bolts.

[​IMG]

I also removed the horrid quick release mech. Things were going brilliantly. Even the primer went on beautifully.

[​IMG]

I then stood up, turned around and walked into the hall. Two problems. 1. If I stand up too fast my pills make me faint and 2. I was out of my mind on paint fumes. Made it to the hallway.. You can guess what is coming. Face first nose dive toward hall carpet. The only thing to break my fall, ironically, was a set of bike handlebars and the grip end got me right in the cheek just below my right eye. I now have a lovely shiner.

9. adidan

Jeez dude that's harsh, if you want a silver lining at least you didn't take your eye out. :jawdrop:

10. Vault-Tec

That's exactly what I am thinking. Right ankle hurts, left wrist hurts and face is killing me but I can still see out of both eyes thank god. Gonna have a nice soak in the bath later, hopefully I will be able to move in the morning :D

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Code that has been working for 5+ years has stopped working. It's going to be a fun week...

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

13. adidan

C'mom, what did you do this time? :lol:

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'll suggest this to our server guy
    I don't even have access to what ever has broke. I'm working on stuff for the lovely (Well... at times) members of bit-tech at the moment.

15. adidan

Ok I believe you flatterer.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just had a phone call, or rather my partner did, from a high street financial institution in regards to a PPI claim. They were not at all happy when she explained to the caller that I was dealing with this matter on her behalf.
    Long story short they expected a 74 year old woman to virtually repeat verbatim what was said 20+ years ago when the loan(s) were taken out.
    The caller was even less happy when I asked why they were calling my partner as her claims were being handled by modern day robber barons or more politely call claims managers, all she could say was that they prefer not to deal with claims managers.
    This was the same financial institution that we obtained compensation for harassment by calling my partner over ten times a day every day for quite some time even though they were fully aware that her financial issues had been taken over by a legal body. Far play to the financial ombudsman office as to be honest I have little faith in these people but he certainly did not flinch when taking on these b(w)ankers.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2017
    IanW and MLyons like this.
  17. RedFlames

today is one of those days where getting out of bed was a bad idea and the day has gone downhill from there...

Oh and yet more job rejections.

18. RedFlames

Also right now TSOHost can go die in a fire...

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm with Tsohost. The cPanel server I was on went mammaries-skyward, so they migrated everyone to a new one. My website was up and down for nearly two days before I was able to convince them there was something wrong. *And* the bill has gone up 20% this month.

They're just lucky I'm too lazy to find a new host (or shove the sites on my microserver.)

20. RedFlames

Emails broken for over a month and the sneaky price bump from £4.99 inc VAT to £4.99 plus VAT. But the alternatives are an even bigger **** show or daft money [or at least more than i'm able to pay].

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017