1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

...still no heating.

[​IMG]

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Made the mistake of watching the just released Daniel Shaver police shooting video.

* "Days since last critical loss of faith in humanity" counter gets set back to 0 *

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Someone needs to come and cook me some food. This is serious, I might die if you don't.

I need a big greasy fryup.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Snow, I was supposed to go shopping for more materials for the renovation today, now in going to have to either stay at home or brave driving with the useless public who **** themselves when there's an inch of the stuff

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Have you seen the snow?

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not having snow.

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I'm doing some overtime today at work - I had to be "that angry overtaking guy" because the few cars that were on the gritted, arrow straight, perfect visibility, 50mph A-Road that leads to my office were petrified of doing more that 15-20mph... Seriously, I fully understand people going easy in town, around roundabouts and at junctions - but on a straight road, with full view hundreds of meters ahead and clearly defined boundaries?? SORT IT OUT YOU NUMPTIES!!!

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Indeed!

This is getting boring - seems like everyone is getting snow 'cept me.

adidan and Arboreal like this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The ZX Spectrum Next outputs 706x493@59Hz over its HDMI port, which my HDMI capture card has absolutely no clue how to handle.

If I can't figure out a more elegant solution, I'mma be taking screenshots the old-fashioned way: with a box and a camera pushed up against a monitor...

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

That seems like quite a funky output resolution...

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Apparently it's an artefact of a switch from Alliance to IDT memory at the last minute, which is causing all kinds of problems. May be fixed in the future, but for now I've just splashed £40 on an upscaler I'm hoping will be more forgiving in the resolutions it accepts and then spit out a true 720p/1080p signal my capture card can understand. (Added bonus, it's got a SCART socket on it - so my capture card will be able to do SCART, too!)

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's a tough one, Siberia really has to come to town to get snow where you are - especially with all that 'warm' sea round you.
    Not much better down the road on the Darzet coast tho'. Daughter is most disappointed that it's sleet at best.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

6 hours sweaty palmed and white knuckled on my way to down Heathrow this morning, pulled off the motorway at a services because it wasn't worth binning the car for, flight cancelled anyway, just checked in to a luxurious services Ramada and looking forward to the bedbug bites and potential murder this evening.

EDIT: and after holding a collective 5 hours across two phones for BA and my travel agent, I realise that I booked via AA (though it's a BA flight) since I had an internal US flight as part of the trip, called them and got through in 6 minutes *sigh*

Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
  16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Cortisone injection couple of months ago, worn off, wrist feels far worse now. Putting my gym lifestyle on hold :(

17. MLyons

The main road in and our of my town towards bit-tech HQ is closed due to multiple abandoned lorries and a lorry that has jack knifed so looks like I'm stuck working at home in the cold

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Had to clean the decorative logs in the downstairs (vacant) fireplace after some decorating. Once dried this morning several of the first few I picked up had lots of holes in. The kind of holes made by things you don't want in your home. I threw the remnants of the insecticides from the upstairs infestation out last weekend, so now the fireplace is empty. Oh and the chimney is blocked off with that most professional of methods: a cushion.

Also my brother in law, the "professional" decorator did a terrible job painting the wall. Really really shoddy. Then hung a picture up (that not that heavy) with a ginormous screw with no wall plug. A big screw from my misc screw box. And that was the second attempt considering the evidence of the thinner screw filled with plaster on the floor, which had a wall plug on it to begin with but was left in the box. My misc screw box that was on top of a box full of picture hooks of varying types. And the screw isn't even in straight, so the picture never really sits true.

Honestly think I'm going to really lose it. I mean full on smash up and burn the house down kind of lose it. Or at least I would if half of it wasn't soaked through.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, what is it that schools close if so much as a single flake lands anywhere near them. I cannot remember my school ever closing and I can remember having to walk the couple of miles to get there in the snow. What a bunch of big Jessie's we are creating.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Pliqu3011 likes this.