1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I watched salad fingers.

Dr. Coin likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Friend of mine whose fallen on hard times, has no job, prospects, motive etc want's his mouse back so I quickly need to find a decent one :(

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Grumblemumblesomethingsomethingsysadmingrumbledevelopers

Byron C likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm still trying to find an adequate replacement for my G5. Everything seems to have this weird flick outwards on the right mouse button that I find really uncomfortable.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I loved my deathadder until it broke but now everything I've got is Corsair and it would kill me to have only 1 thing that didn't match

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If your mate is on hard times, why not just buy it off them? Throw in some beer money to make things better.

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm pretty happy with my G403. I would have tried the sensei 310 but the Logitech was cheaper on Amazon and I've had good luck with the brand.
    What is bugging me? I need to replace some computer parts and have to wait for good deals to appear.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

More a demote at the state of humans, cycling through a local deer park got to the brow of the hill, big ol herd of red deer marching toward the road, so I stopped an waited, couple cars came up the hill turning off to the safari park then this one douche was tearing along in his little corsa so waved to advise him to slow down, his response was to shout something (his windows were closed) "floor it" as much as you can in a small engine hatch back going up hill and give me the finger.
    Then a couple of seconds later he has to slam his brakes on hits one adult stag and another collides with the side of his car.
    Thankfully a warden was close by he was actually in the queue of sensible cars the other side of the road that had stopped and saw the whole thing, end result, about 500Kg of two pissed of stags one with a leg injury, one angry Corsa driver, one very badly damaged Corsa.

Warden thanked me after for trying to do the right thing, no idea on the injured stag it ran off into the woodland.

IanW and TheMadDutchDude like this.
  9. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Hopefully the animal is fine. Stupid boy racers thinking they have cool and fast cars. :lol:

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

He'll be even happier when his insurers inform him of all the costs he's incurred on vets fees and that he'll be paying it all because they have written statements that he was driving like a **** and ignored warnings from other road users.

It's shame insurance company letters can't live stream really.

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If its a managed herd it'll be culled, and hopefully billed at full market value to his insurance company.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This. Turns out it wasn't a maintenance issue like I'd assumed, a power surge caused two power distribution units to fail which subsequently brought down a rack and a half. All the SQL Server stuff that I'm on-call for has been going nuts, and I've had to spend a good 6/7 hours over the last couple of days massaging and coercing everything back to life. On the positive side however, each callout carries a minimum of 2hrs at the appropriate overtime rate and I've logged on _many_ times over the weekend...

Ironically one of the systems that died was the monitoring system which is supposed to raise callouts...

[​IMG]

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Had a chest infection since 16th July, 2 rounds of antibiotics and still no better.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Scummy Ebayers.

Buy item listed as mint condition, item arrives with nice big 'ol scratch. Message seller asking to return, seller is all aww sorry I don't take returns mate but it was fine when I sent it I promise. Box is fine, wasn't the posty, listing photos strategically miss the scratched area now I look back.

Me:
    [​IMG]

But I have to wait until 20th Aug to report them. I wonder if they'll have forgotten about this by then, I do love surprises so. :naughty:

15. TheMadDutchDude

eBay will side with you regardless! I just learned that the hard way as a seller. I sold a board in perfect condition, he claims 24 days later that it doesn’t work, I ask how to which he doesn’t reply. I ask eBay to step in as my money is now on hold, and they automatically state that he has to return it as he didn’t respond.

What in the **** is that for seller protection?!

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The bad sellers ruin it for everyone else. Such is life these days.

17. TheMadDutchDude

Seems to be that way. If he doesn’t ship it by Friday (here’s hoping!) then I can make them close the case automatically. So, with a bit of luck, five days to go...

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've sold a lot of stuff on ebay recently, and I'm just waiting for at least one of the buyers to try and scam me. I take a lot of detailed photos of all my items now, just as an extra precaution, and nothing EVER gets posted without tracking and insurance.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im also have issues with Ebay sellers
    purchased an item ( a limited box run) seller claims 2 weeks for tracked delivery which is a little odd, but not uncommon...
    two weeks later... nothing
    so i message them asking for the tracking number
    'Dear customer, Thank you for your patience! Unfortunately, we don't have this kind of information, we will try our best to find out more information regarding your parcel and we will get back to you! Your item will be sent as soon as we will have it! Sorry for any inconvenience! Kind regards, GM'

so they sent it tracked but dont have a tracking number, and despite sending it two weeks ago they say the item will be sent when THEY have it ?

ugh

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Flies.

Some foul lord of papa Nurgle must be lurking around here because the house has become damn-near infested with bloody flies.

I may live in the sticks, but this year they are taking the absolute piss. Literally hundreds of them everywhere. I've gone through 2 cans of fly-spray indoors in the last week and still can't seem to get their ******* numbers down.