1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

My gran says at least in the war after the bombers had been you could go back out to the pub.

Vault-Tec, Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Living near a pub I'm a fan of people not being able to go hah.

@Chris_Waddle surely you need to chat with your manager(s), just because others aren't working shouldn't mean you have to do more without being paid appropriately surely (idealistic I know but still).

If a company chooses to furlough people it knows its output or whatever will go down, trying to have the best of both worlds where they stay productive buy only pay half of their staff sounds like the kind of place I definitely wouldn't want to work.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

@Chris_Waddle Put it to your boss that you and the others who are still in the office should get "priority booking" for holidays this year. It's about time someone else covered for YOU! :thumb:

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Ughhh, partners birthday is tomorrow, she's been pretty miffed because almost no cards have arrived

Today I've had 7 messages from members of her family and mine telling me to pick up cards, flowers & presents....

Theres perfectly good local florists who are still delivering... perfectly good stamps and perfectly acceptable postal systems... not to mention they all own perfectly good cars! Nobody is isolating, nobody is at risk.. most are furlough and yet I'm having to collect these items when I'm supposed to be working from home? Why go to a supermarket for flowers and a card and then not deliver it to the recipient... We've dropped plenty of presents to peoples doors during this lockdown so why have I become a courier?

Will be working well into this evening it seems.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

There's several that even post through letterboxes.

I've sent a couple and they open about a day later and last a good week or so. They're pretty decent and you do it all online.

Sounds like a cop out from her family.

6. GeorgeStorm

Yeah definite cop out, plenty of companies post flowers through the door, as you said why on earth are you asking as courier, don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about her family.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Never go and work for an aerospace company then!

One of the many reasons I left that behind.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I am loving the unknown unknowns at the moment.... (totally not sarcastic of course..)

Apparently I was meant to complete a piece of work I knew nothing about, from the person who previously did my job with no handover instructions or process notes..

I am also going to start a second business reading minds as apparently I should be an expert in that...

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Your situation sounds extremely unfair, I'd be peeved if everyone else was getting paid time off, I was covering for them and in return the company was graciously offering me no overtime pay and no extra holidays.

10. GeorgeStorm

Never been on my wish list so I'm fine there :D

Pete J likes this.
  11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh, I ordered flowers, prosecco and chocolates as a bonus present for one of my partners a few weeks back, as I can't see her, and I ordered it 24 hours before, arrived the next day no prblem! Was only £30, so not even expensive!

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I would kick off about this personally. ou and your mental health matter, its not on you to carry the weight of the company on your shoulders. Its a toxic mentality of empolyers to do this and it should never be tollerated!

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I like your style ;)

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Really adds up on Birthdays :p

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Joined a Minecraft server with a bunch of folks hoping to make friends

unfortuantly one of the enemyes in the modpack is a laggy, glitchy mess of particle effects that cause a seizure

get told that NO the brand new server will NOT be changing modpacks, and they really dont have time to be my ''babysitters'' so i dont have a seizure

a single command block and 10 mins of work would be enough to fix the problem, but alas they wont be putting in that 10 mins of work to help me actually play on the server, they then spend aobut an hour in VC all happily playing totally ignoring my suggestion of fixing it so i can play too

so its back to having no friends, on the ''rejection'' part of the autistic wheel, the part where i most deal with intrusive thoughts and self harm urges but yaknow everyone else gets to have fun so i should be happy

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

You related to Lord Bath, by any chance...?

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm going to call him Mormon Pete from now on.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  18. GeorgeStorm

They're not worth being friends with, definitely ignore and aim to move on :)

19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That last bit is the problem... it makes it look like the game is secondary to friendship.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Hahahahm no! Didn't he die recently?