1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

A nice final leaving gift to someone that takes you for granted/uses you for IT is to remote in a week later to their server and nuke everything, they don't seem to enjoy that :naughty: It's also a good test of how good the new guy is that they've made you train before firing you/thinking they're sly...

IanW likes this.
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Don't nuke - That could bring the law around shouting about hacking. Just make everything read-only instead.

3. keef247

keef247 Modder

Do it from a vpn whilst on holiday haha

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

How to get yourself sued in 1 easy step.

A better thing to do, anything that you've automated or anything that you fixed but had to continue applying the fix periodically, stop doing that. Remove it all so the whatever processes you've developed have to be done manually going forward. Your replacement will look like an eegit. But not as much of an eegit as the people who previously complained about you getting stuck and having to admit that they can't fix the problem, Goldstar always did it.

Nothing has been broken or damaged, you're just no longer providing your services (hehe). Obviously amount of f##kery you leave behind should be proportional to the amount of f##kery they inflicted upon you.

IanW likes this.
  5. keef247

keef247 Modder

It wasn't meant to be taken that seriously :hehe:

Pete J and fix-the-spade like this.
  6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Anyway, crap times all around when it rains it pours.

Last edited: 12 May 2023
  7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

100% the better way to go about this

8. keef247

keef247 Modder

Sorry to hear that Weekly

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Pffft, least you could do is nick the photocopier on the way out, and trip over as many patch / extension leads as you can

keef247 likes this.
  10. keef247

keef247 Modder

Whilst the Benny Hill theme plays?

mrlongbeard likes this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got a response from Corsair after the DevDoge got involved. All sounded promising at first: they'll do an advanced replacement if I pay the current value of the RAM, and I'll get a prepaid returns label. When the new RAM (slower than the old RAM, CL16 instead of CL15 - I'm wondering if it turns out the modules they're built from weren't quite as speedy long-term as initial tests suggested) arrives, return it with the prepaid label and get a full refund. Good enough for me.

A few hours later, I get a payment request for nearly THREE TIMES the value of the RAM they're sending out, and an RMA form which specifically states that the sender is responsible for return shipping costs. To the Netherlands.

I'm hoping it's just a mess-up on Corsair's end and that the CS rep will see me right. 's not exactly tempting me to go to Corsair for my next build, tho'.

EDIT:
    Ooh, a UPS prepaid label just landed in my inbox. Now it's going to Bolton, which is... closer than the Netherlands, at least!

Still waiting to hear why I'm (temporarily) paying $225 for $80's worth of RAM, tho'.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

100% DevDoge's ****in' with ya.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yeah CEX has gone downhill lateley, my last experience was them trying to gaslight me that the PS2 game they'd gouged two perfectly circular holes through the top was fine. If you held it to the light you could already see the delamination spreading through the disc, but no it was just part of the cleaning process and everything was fine.

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Am in work today, earning a bit of overtime and keeping on top of the workload. The technician on duty came over to say hi, and noticed a receipt on the head salesman's desk for a meal at a local Michelin star restaurant that came to £177.

As you can imagine, this has annoyed both of us somewhat.

I'm going to have a quiet word with the general manager on Monday to find out what's going on, because if the sales team think they can reward themselves with a nice meal for winning a client contract (which is what's rumoured) without inviting the engineers and technicians who'll be doing the actual f##king work, they have another thing coming.

MLyons, Bloody_Pete and IanW like this.
  15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The story will likely be that the sales guy had to "wine & dine" the customer to get the contract.

MLyons likes this.
  16. keef247

keef247 Modder

You know the song... You know what you have to do!
    [​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

£177 sounds like a meal for 2 if the restaurant has stars.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Finding out my consultant want's to perform a surgery on my gentleman's sausage whilst on local aesthetic rather than knocking me out properly :jawdrop:
    FFS, I've got to nearly 50 without going under the knife, I'd sooner not remember it.

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup the doctors once had to put a laproscopic(?) camera up there to check me out and it was not as thin as you expect it to be :eek: , not a pleasant experience, held the nurses hand like a big baby :D

Last edited: 15 May 2023
    DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Fortunately this has a somewhat funny ending. I got in early and quickly chatted with the head of AM, who revealed that the head of sales had made an offer of buying out of his own pocket a dinner for the salesman who managed to bring a particular customer on board. The chap who managed it (who is actually a nice enough guy) decided to push his luck, and the head of sales couldn't back down.

Still, guy must be making a mint. I would've taken him to Wetherspoons. For a meal deal.

IanW likes this.