1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Today's a double whammy. Having half a hour of electro on surgical site and put on this new numbing cream

IT STINGS

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

First world problems.
    I'm going to a weekend long event this Friday, but the sole ticket seller (who has had my money since January) is still saying the "electronic" ticket isn't ready yet.
    It's literally one click at their end! :wallbash:

EDIT - Fixed it by doing the "forgotten password" dance on their CS page.

Last edited: 16 May 2023
  3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

4. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Gamer rage is expensive! Sorry for your loss

andrew8200m and adidan like this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sell your family. Buy new monitor.

6. keef247

keef247 Modder

Do they still bring your food over and then make you walk across the other side of the place to get your own cutlery? FML!

Your ticket seller plays counterstrike? What'd you do, just beat him at Dust2?

You got a link to your OnlyFans :naughty:

andrew8200m and IanW like this.
  7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Van failed its MOT yesterday in spectacular fashion with a list of issues funny enough happened to be on the previous MOT issues list, but not on the recent mot list the guy I bought the van from for £5000. Emissions failed by nearly double and the garage noticed a knocking sound coming from tick over (think the guy warmed it up before I test drove it) because it goes away when warm.

I can’t legally drive it on the road because it’s MOT has expired unless it's to a place for repair for mot. I could pay the £500 for all the other issues, it's just this knocking and emissions that’s the issue.

To top it off because it’s been sitting for so long, 25 minutes before leaving for the mot I went to start it. The battery was dead and wouldn’t turn over, so I threw a battery charger on it for 15 minutes and got it there.

This is like my last hurdle before I can start advertising and marketing the business and actually getting out their grafting and making money!

Not all is lost so the Porsche has gone up for sale today and I find out if it’s been sold at 3pm, which should give me enough funds to go and purchase a newer proper tipper Van, so less issues and because it’s a tipper it’ll be half the work instead of loading and unloading the Van. This time I’ll pay a mechanic to come with me, so an expensive lesson learned.

Also because the Van will be newer and more reliable, I’ll be able to offer services to a bigger area instead of just my small city so that’s a plus.

I’m feeling physically sick from the stress, but we’ll get there!

Website is coming together nicely I think... justrubbish.co.uk

Last edited: 17 May 2023
    adidan and IanW like this.
  8. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

You can pay the RAC to do something like a 150 point check, they even test drive it. Well worth the £170 odd quid, especially when splashing out a significant chunk of change.

IanW and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Just found out the little old lady we have know for over 25 years was getting buried today, dam shame as she was so full of life but the last few years took its toll on her, was fun meeting her over the garden fence as she would talk for ages and was very had to make a excuse to go inside.
    Blessings.

10. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

“I’m awfully sorry, I need a poo”

Works wonders. Rip old lady

perplekks45 likes this.
  11. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

For those who've followed my car saga (https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/help-me-pick-a-car.385747/) my Ioniq 5 was confirmed for delivery this Friday which was a massive jump forward from the original estimate of September!

Get a call at lunch from the dealership - somewhere between mechanical checks and getting it valeted they've lost the flipping keys! They have been unable to find them so have to order new keys to reprogram. Delay of a approx. a week! After all why would a Hyundai dealership have a spare set of blank keys in stock for just this kind of situation?!

First world problems I know but god damn this car saga is getting out of hand with the twists and turns!

12. keef247

keef247 Modder

They wouldn't as they don't programme keys/nor manufacture the car there... They just sell them as with any dealership, you have to wait for a new key to be cut/programmed/verified...

Keys cost hundreds so why would they pointlessly make spare keys for every car made/sold at each dealership.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Keys cost hundreds to the consumer but that's likely because they have you over a barrel?

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Why would they lose the keys though? Bloody careless and, costing them customer goodwill and hundreds of pounds...

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Me and the OH have still got a bug after about five days. Apparently not the vids but it's crappy.

16. keef247

keef247 Modder

They wouldn't charge the customer for loosing the keys mate, I've worked in the trade in various sectors, it's their fault so why would they blame the customer who hasn't even taken delivery yet?

They idiots for loosing them mind, I agree with that.

17. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a Cupra Leon PHEV in May 2022. Still haven't even got a confirmed build date.

18. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

It seems so bloody ridiculous I wonder if its BS to cover up some other issue such as the transporter company cancelled on them but not sure why they would throw themselves under the bus instead. There is a small chance the keys turn up but she said they're a very busy site so probably going for a jolly in someone else's car!

Ouch - that's gotta sting. Surely there must be some in stock equivalent by now that you could buy?

19. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

It's a company car order, so stuck waiting unfortunately.

Hopefully your key issue will be the end of your saga though. At least it's in touching distance, even if you can't quite get in it!

Spraduke likes this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You've slightly missed my point, it's costing the dealer, customer goodwill and the cost of the keys.

keef247 likes this.