1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

No I don't buy them in DM games, you misunderstood my post a little. In CSDM, you are either given grenades or you are not. Most of the time, not... but some servers give you a HE nade because of the new achievements system, to help you get the HE nade achievement. There are no buy zones on DM servers. My binds are for matches and public play only. One config for public games, two for matches, depending on what map I am playing and what position.

2. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

I came home from work to find the other half informing me that my main computer refused to boot up today. It worked fine this morning, now it won't turn on at all. I assume it's the PSU, and pray to the Computer Gods that it's just the PSU, and it didn't FUBAR my disks.

Let's raise our glasses to Jupiter (the PC, not the God): built December 2005; unceremoniously pooped itself to death 30 January 2011.

(Zombie resurrection is planned for Tuesday. Lock up your wives and daughters; and your slightly effeminate husbands and sons.)

3. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The amount of homework I have to do is just ridiculous.

4. Unicorn

Two Mathmos Jet Lava Lamp auctions that I was bidding on tonight went for way more than I was willing to pay :/ I really wanted one which had an orange base & top with blue lava and clear liquid, and one with a white base & top with red lava and clear liquid.

The idea was to switch the bottles, because I wanted the blue/clear bottle in the white body. It would have looked SO good on my desk but they both went for over £30 with more than £7 P&P on each. Ridiculous prices... I guess their collectablility is increasing all the time.

Oh well, I'll keep a look out for more that go a little cheaper. I really want a white/blue Jet for my desk, because the orange bodied one with orange wax which is there at the moment really doesn't suit my room at all.

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Dont do it. You have fallen in love with someone before even being in a relationship with them. That is not healthy and it cannot work like that. I have done that. It made me do some stupid things. It's best to just move on. She may find it flattering but unless she is in love with you it's just gonna creep her out and make it worse. Better to just end it all on good terms with her. Wish her well at her next job and ask if she'd like to go out for dinner sometime.

You do what you want to do though.... it is up to you obviously.

6. Unicorn

It's not even 9am and one of the new PC's I'm putting some finishing touches on has thrown a BSOD during windows installtion :rolleyes: That's just a horrible start to the week. I hope it's just a dodgy DVD-RW drive, because it's the only part of the system that's not totally new and didn't come out of a sealed retail box when I built it on Saturday afternoon, and is a little louder than it should be when reading a disc.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

By open im not telling her "I LOVE YOU!" Because evn that is to strong heck i don't even know that myself here is a basic outline of what im saying

"Feel like a dick writing this"
    "been trying to tell you how much i like you" (not love)
    "Been stressing me out thinking i may never try"
    "Understand you might have a boyfriend im not writing this in any hope"
    "Sorry to be so deep but this is why im writing this i still want to be friends"
    "Good luck in your new job, if you wanna chat as friends heres my msn/number" (have'nt decided which yet)

Im doing the opposite of what your saying im not hoping for her to say "I WANT YOU NOW!" Just not even giving it a shot is really stressing me out i need to do it, and its really starting to take its toll im much more aggresive while im at work (maybe a good thing to stop people thinking they can push me around) i ALMOST lost my cool with a customer, i would have possibly lost my job

Just being there with her not saying it is stressing the **** out of me atleast if i give this to her and she knows exactly what im saying then i can think "I gave it a shot it was'nt to be"

I'm probebly not going to bump into her anytime soon anway so its not like we are going to be friends we have no contact details or anything for each other

Even when i give her it i said i wanted to stay friends either way so maybe i might gain her as a close friend

Or maybe she might not have a boyfriend and might want to give it a shot who knows

Im not losing anything from trying as i said its more to hopefully relieve all this stress that im getting from not just having out with it

Teelzebub likes this.
  8. Unicorn

I am having major problems encoding and compressing some video files at the moment. I hate codecs so much, it's just a constant uphill struggle. Every time I go to do something relatively simple it takes forever and a day :rolleyes:

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

What do you use to encode? I use Handbrake and churn everything using the iPod Universal profile which apparently works on everything. Just updating to the latest version which apparently includes batch scan which is a dream come true if it lets me select a folder's worth of files and sets them all running with one click.

10. Unicorn

Handbrake for compression here as well, along with VirtualDub for .targa joining and rendering.

It's not those that the problem is ever with, it's the codecs :rolleyes:

11. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Dead Pixels,

If you're going to write a note then don't put excuses in! If theres anything women hate more than out of stock shoes its a lack of confidence. Short, to the point is the best.

Look at it this way, if she likes you then she says yes, you go out for a drink, happy days. If she doesnt then hey, she's leaving. Sounds like you arent sharing mutual friends or anything so you wont bump into her too often.

I'm not just saying this either, I've done this crap before and realised it was just stupid. Recently however I got a date with a girl who works in the coffee shop I go to simply by writing 'To the pretty girl in the glasses who always takes my order, get in touch, I'd love to take you for a drink' on the back of my business card and leaving it on the cup when I left the shop. If I'd have been 'I dont know if you have a boyfriend or if you like me or blargh de blargh then that just would not have been appealing at all. Straight out and to the point my man, man up and man up hard.

Good luck though fella!

Last edited: 31 Jan 2011
    October likes this.
  12. LJF

LJF Modded

+1

Why are you assuming that she has a boyfriend in the first place? If she hasn't mentioned him to you already in passing conversation then she probably doesn't. And so what if she has a boyfriend anyway!? You're asking for a means to keep in touch with her. Not declaring your undying love for her.

Though if you aren't in a position to confidently say to her something along the lines of:
    "hey, it's a shame we're not going to be working together much longer but it'd be cool to be able to keep in touch. You'll have to let me know how you get on in your new job, take my number down" (and if she takes it, follow it up with "let me get yours aswell") - then you clearly aren't that close as friends*.

If you do have the cajones to put her on the spot like that she'll struggle to refuse giving you her number without looking out-right rude. If she is out-right rude then she isn't worth pursuing. If she isn't, then you have her number and she has yours. Win-Win.

*If you aren't that close you'll have to man up, be more direct and ask her out properly - for a drink or some food or whatever.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2011
  13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

@Dead Pixels,

Put.

"Good Luck with your new job, call me if you want to catch up sometime. (optional: "If we do pizza i'll buy.")

YourName
    Your Number"

SIMPLES!

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's not ruining my life by any means but I'M SO FREAKING TIRED right now... I couldn't care less about protons, electrons and shite

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Just had a 'visitor' come by my office today to drop off an advert (this NEVER happens, they always email or post em in).
    Get to reception and my brain just goes into confusion over wether it wants to scream out 'What The ****' or just burst out laughing.
    It was a freakin tranny (and not even a passable one)
    How I managed to hold it in till she/he/it left, I don't know.

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Carrie has been fantastic and helped me with a note that does exactly what you guys said... its not something i would personally write myself but when i read it i was like "YES! perfect" just writing it down and on my way *gulps*

will maybe post up in here with it later if anyones intrested

17. Unicorn

I sincerely wish you good luck mate, not that you should need luck in this situation. Also very nice of Carrie to help you out. That's the bit-tech community spirit we all love to see :)

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Non stop coursework, handed in 3 pieces since friday, and got another 2 in for this week.
    And the fact that I'm totally unsure about buying stuff from the US (GTX580 and 480), don't want to get caught by customs :/

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Got a piece of work to be in by 9am tomorrow, cant get myself started on it.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This, but for 11am.

Its getting over that initial hump which is by far the worst thing.