1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

In the mean time, find a part time job as a cleaner and put that condition to good use; true story time:

I remember a few years back reading the sad case of a guy who was a professional car valet ( car cleaner, inside and out, good as new kinda deal ), but he was made redundant after decades in the job. He had become so obsessed doing the job that he couldn't let go or do anything else, so he went out and stole a guys BMW and.... cleaned it. He got arrested for it obviously but I can't remember the outcome- doubt it was anything too serious...

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Isn't the guy who does the /Drive Clean (runs AMMO NYC) stuff on Youtube OCD about cleaning? I'm sure I have heard him mention it during his videos.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Sounds like a good idea, although I currently work part time. I mean, I've noticed that I do it, so I admit that it's a problem. There's the first step I guess.

I cleaned my keyboard the other day, and being a mechanical one means I had take all of the keys out and clean everything.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have the flu. Felt a bit groggy and tired on Friday evening after work, went and lay down for a few hours. Woke up at 11pm with a sore throat and some aches and pains, attributing it to the 12 hours I'd spent lugging 150kg of tools and equipment around between sites that day. Had to get up for work at 4am on Saturday, worked until 4am on Sunday, obviously the symptoms were a lot worse by this stage and I'd had a headache for 14 hours on Saturday. Got back into bed at 6:30am on Sunday and have not been out of the house since. My back hurts when I cough, which I can't stop doing. I'm one of those people who doesn't get sick much, but when I do, it takes me off my feet for days at a time. :rolleyes:

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I feel this is the last place I can go now.

I tried an overdose around 12 last Monday.

My Girlfriend fell pregnant and we both reluctantly chose abortion. I keep on thinking why did I do it, why did we choose that option so quickly. She had a difficult abortion, some complications.

Before this, I had a fight with my father and not just your slanging match fight. We both went for each other, my own father tried to choke me.

Before this, I started speaking to another woman as me and my now Girlfriend again were split up. We sent the usual nudes, this my girlfriend found out on that Monday.

I just broke down, I don't even remember grabbing the drugs and the alcohol. I don't remember sitting down on the floor crying my eyes out thinking this is how I want to end this.

I come here typing this because I'm scared. Scared of the scars I've now caused doing this. I'm scared what my girlfriend thinks.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow, apparently I have extreme reactions on everyday situations. This is called something, but for the life of me I can't remember.

I know I don't post on these forums often, or bring much to the community..I feel like I just need to vent it all a little bit, and I thought this seems like the best option.

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Talk to the psychiatrist, talk to the Samaritans, talk to M.I.N.D, talk to anyone at all and work through your issues and get the help ( medication if needs be ) that you need. Stay away from girls for a while too as they seem to be the cause of some of your issues- sort yourself out before embarking on any volatile relationships that may set you on the wrong path again...

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Neil's got it right, you need to try and get this sorted, to try to avoid things which may aggravate it (by the sounds of it women being a biggie).

There are plenty of places and people you can go to, use them and you'll get through this :)

8. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I have a freinds young nephew of only 6 months old in ICU with collapsed lungs so far he's holding his own praying for recovery :(

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Though my wife is gone to her psych most willingly, my hip subluxed yesterday and refuses to go back in. I'm mostly bedridden thanks to it. Still not sure what to do about it, it's so damaged it just fell out of place.

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You can't bottle that much up, Jake, you need to vent/get it off your chest.

Spelling it out here is a start but, as Neil says, seek out the people who can help and offer professional advice or direction. Don't sit alone and stew - pick up the phone and call the Samaritans.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My iCloud has been disabled for security reasons, all my job info is on there.

I've tried to get a resetting email, nothings turning up. can't access my iCloud emails from anywhere and my second primary email address isn't receiving the emails either.

Its now been locked from being reset for 8 hours

Fan-****ingtastic!

12. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Bored of being broke for the first time in my life, why did I go study in university and end up being unemployed for over two years. Gotta hope I can get a internship next summer :( :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

We have been talking via PM where you touched on the above and I gave you my email address if you wanted to chat. Please use it as I have pretty much been where you are now though many many years ago. Sometimes taking to a faceless stranger can ge easier than a face to face contact.

Whatever you decide you must talk to someone as not doing so can lead to issues which can effect the rest of your life.

All the best.

Glenn.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2014
  14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

This, feel free to PM me anytime and get something you can use as a release. If I get a bit down I go out for a ride on my bike and throw myself down some hills. Usually I get back tired, chilled out and with a big smile on my face.

We need a forum wide rule, where if you feel like this, you have to contact someone for a chat.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've been venting a lot of my frustration on Students at work. Not in that way...I could be sacked if so.

Life is being tough at the moment, I'm trying to suck it up and stay calm.

I've always known I've had a major over reaction to everyday situations but never so bad.

Thank you all for the support, I knew I could trust this forum for their help. I will keep you all posting on how my treatment goes.

Thanks,
    Jake.

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm far from an expert, but I wouldn't think that would be good for you.

17. David

Agreed. There's no shame in seeking help.

18. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've been seeking help with in the work, but when you're sat in front of HR the person who could pretty much get rid of you and asked if you would like to tell them what happened, its rather embarrassing.

It took me a week to post on here. I only feel so free talking about it because no one knows who I really am.

19. David

That's where the Samaritans or MIND come in - you can maintain anonymity and still speak to someone who may be able to really help. While we definitely want to help, we're keenly aware that we don't have the expertise. Well, Nexxo probably does, but the rest of us can offer little more than moral support.

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

This moral support is doing a lot more than anyone has done so far.

Its nice to know this forums has such a friendly community.