Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Woke up at about three coughing covered in my own blood due to a nosebleed, went to A&E owning to the fact it wouldn't fully stop got whisked in mainly because I was making people uneasy being covered in blood. (pro tip there for the future I think) blood pressures low along with other things apparently no more anti depressants till I've seen my gp so now I'm home scrubbing blood off the wall while the washing machine does its magic on my bedding

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hope the diagnosis is something easily remedied.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Starting to get proper fed up with general stuff again.

Can't get my PC up and running, keep getting RAM errors no matter what combination of RAM and CPU I try.

Can't get any painting done as I can't find any of my tools since the move, no decent lighting in the new room and no decent chair.

Constant back pain at the moment, chewing on pain pills like sweets, ice packs each night, physio exercises (which have never worked), chiro didn't help much this time.

Wife is laid up in bed after spraining her ankle so she can't help with anything.

Can't take any time off to get things sorted out as I only have 1 day left until April.

Trying to keep on an even keel with regards to positivity/depression but it's hard work.

I'll be fine, been through far worse, got my wife, family and brothers to fall back on if needed (plus I know how good the "BT support network" is if things really get bad, just need to push through things and get bits sorted at a time.

But hey, got a new knife on the way so it's not all bad :)

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Don't want to make light of your issues Almightyrastus but I never seem to have issues with my PC's these days and oddly I missed the hair pulling frustration of trying to solve the problems. And unfortunately due to prolonged ill health I lost touch with my small network of people who always had difficultites with their PC's so have not had to deal with a problem for quite some time.

5. Almightyrastus

I've been absolutely fine for the past 5 or 6 years, my old i7 920 ticking along just fine, come to upgrade and try something a little different and that's when the problems start. It's just frustrating that no matter what I try, even going back to the old setup, I still get the same problem.

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Things that are driving me potty:

Wake Up: 5am. Five. Ay. Em.

Commute: Normally only 50-60mins each way, now more likely 1-1.5hrs each way - thanks M1 - you utter b*st*rd.

Work: If I hear "but that's how we've always done it" one more time, or someone decides to haul me up on something that I wasn't involved in, I will not be held responsible for the consequences.

Home: New baby so wife somewhat preoccupied, means once I've got home from work I have to do all the housework, then I get the baby thrust at me (usually screaming her head off) whilst the wife has some "me time", then dinner and bed.

If I make it through the day without the wife complaining that I haven't done something I should've, or have done something that I shouldn't then then that's about as positive as my day gets.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/rant

Phew, feeling slightly better.

TL;DR - Whinge, Whinge, Whine, Whine, Moan, Moan.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Welcome to the joys of fatherhood, (again?).

8. legoman

Its been cauterised a few times before I think next they are just going to lob the dam thing off an cap it over with something akin to how they cap old oil fields

Ram wise you checked the board an RAM slots? may need a clean from stuff in them or at worst could be a failed board.

Back pains likely related to the lack of a decent chair something im used to with work I treat my office chair like a stool as the back support is hopeless I sit on the edge all the time. If you have the upper body strength an somewhere to do it some pull ups or find a beefy friend to pop your back helps me loads.
    Missing DIY gear an lighting cant help with I didnt pack the boxes :)

Mean time im off to re wash the bedsheets, once more if it doesnt work its into the bath with vanish stain remover!

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am off to have an op on my nose in 8 days time and hopefully it will mean that following the insertion of tubing of a plastic nature I might be able to sleep for more than hour at a stretch before needing to get up an irrigate my nasal passages to clear, somewhat, the blockages. And hopefully enable me to breath through the nose rather than my saliva lacking mouth.

10. Almightyrastus

Yup, given the whole board a good dusting when I first rebuilt everything as it was pretty choked in there, everything is seating properly, no untoward amount of wiggles.

My backpain is the result of getting t-boned whilst on my bike about 20 years ago, I got thrown about 10' and landed sitting down, that shocked everything out of place and it was left too long before getting decent help. Going to be making an appointment to get things cracked and moving again as one of the problems I have is one of the joints in my pelvis doesn't move correctly due to the damage caused when landing, it needs 'persuasion' from time to time. Bad seating certainly doesn't help and a new chair will be ordered later today.

As for the pull ups thing, a bit of traction type dangling certainly does help with the compression in that area but I have to be very careful with putting the weight back on it as that can cause screaming pain.

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I prescribe the following to help with your depression:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVItTS3WbA

Watch that a few times when the missus isn't around, should perk you up a bit... :worried: :naughty:

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've come to the realisation, whilst sat alone in my room with just my thoughts to keep me company, that no matter how hard I try or how nice I am, I am not destined to be happy. Being a 24 year old guy with only 1 proper friend, two basically failed relationships in the same amount of months, kids I rarely get to see and a dead end job is really bloody upsetting.

I know life is hard, plenty of people tell me that, but it shouldn't be this hard surely.

Edit: Yes I am pouring my heart out to a bunch of strange tech nerds who I've never met. My 1 proper friend isn't available to listen at the minute so you guys get the pleasure lol

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going - Winston Churchill

15. legoman

Hopefully the op will help, im guessing after there will be some swelling from the poking an prodding theyll do but after youll be able to get the lovely feeling of going into the cold air, inhaling through your nose an getting a mini brain freeze ;) I'm currently left with that annoying lingering smell of burnt nasel hair and flesh again, reminds me of BBQ's

I get the re compression thing frequently get huge pain from laying down in the base of my spine to the point I scream an get back up like ive just sat on a spike old er, "sports injury" as fancy people like to say.
    Im sure medieval torturers realised the benefits of the rack and became Chiropractors but a good stretching is always good.

Still, fun continues im now brewing a cold which means I'll need to blow my nose at some point, its like a really rubbish game of Roulette, coupled with no sleep an a bit of depression kicking back in im feeling fandabidozie :blah:

16. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Dude, you're 24.

We've all been there. I know I certainly have. I left the RAF at 23, and realised I had no f*cking clue what I wanted to do.

I bummed about with no prospects, got a degree because there were literally no jobs about (credit crunch time), still no jobs even with a degree, did some more qualifications.

7 years later, I'm earning more than I've ever been used to.

Like the picture Shirty threw up. There is no fate but what we make...

17. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Happiness doesn't come from other people - it's dependent on the perspective we take. And it definitely doesn't come from ****ing work, that's why we call it work.

18. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Hey! I love my job! (Hate my commute, but that's by the bye)
    Then again, I went through what this lad is currently going through.

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Good for you - what is it you do?

20. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

I can't really say, though a lot of it involves browsing the internet all day, hence my rapid post acceleration :clap: