1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

It sucks to be on the receiving end of that, but I did laugh out loud when I read it. That's some grade A stupidity right there. Having someone with that level of intelligence as a boss would be a nightmare for anyone. So I think you're better off.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

3rd weekend in a row I've worked..../groans

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Didn't you talk about leaving your current job for something bigger and better?

When i was given a job interview that would treble my wage and slightly more i barely slept for a week, I memorised the history of the place. I could draw a timeline of all major events surrounding it and list of every fact and detail you could find on the internet. I wrote down answers to almost every possible generic interview question and polished them to a fine answer suitable for a world leader.

My interview process was hours long... Luckily i'm working for them today and i absolutely bossed it.

I hope your lack of preparation was due to not being motivated for that line of work rather than not being arsed to do it.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Interviews for the position took place on the 23rd, my phone number didn’t work so they emailed in which it took 5 days to reply with a new number due to being away and then they called and arranged the interview with my partner while i was working yesterday. I didn't expect to end up with a interview at all...

I completely agree and my kids deserve better than this

Thanks! in the short amount of time i’ve had i have gone through interview ebooks and such but in the end I’ve just had to note down the most common questions and answers.

Ouch, that's just shameful

That’s still the plan if this interview doesn’t go balls up.

If i had the time i’d have given my partner a list of questions to just fire at me around the house until i could answer perfectly but unfortunately not.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Mail this morning, manor job didnt come through :( I r demote

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Royal Mail Snapping the corner off what I thought was a well packed board.

Lame.

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Amongst other things the weather. Feels like it's been raining for a month straight. Three days of snow, but then back to raining. Also the sun isn't up when I go to work and it's already set when I leave work.

F this, who's idea was it for humankind to ever set camp so far north?

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Rain I don't mind, wind I don't mind, however, the combination of the two can F right off and that's what we currently have a lot of.

Not too bad whilst I have the car but my wife needs it tomorrow and Wednesday so I'm back to public transport and walking to work and back. I really hope it's not raining tomorrow, got a lodge meeting and that means a suit, not much fun in the rain.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I tell you what you don't half miss breathing when it becomes so difficult to do. I should have had the op on my nose today but it has been put back three weeks and breathing has become so difficult as my nose is blocked most or the day and night and breathing through my mouth means a bone dry mouth because of the lack of saliva production.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Next year, Haas! Chin up :)

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Earache,

Minor in the grand scheme of things but still damn annoying...

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Darn. I've been doing it wrong. I should be asking all my clients: "Have you tried NOT being depressed/anxious/traumatised/in pain?" :p

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Today can suck my ****.

It started out with getting an utterly atrocious night's sleep, because the other half has restless legs and occasionally it gets to the point where she can't get to sleep for hours - this was one such night. I don't sleep well anyway, especially on a Sunday night, but if she can't sleep then it's worse than normal.

Then I spent a good deal of my day in work getting stressed as **** because I'm being told that there's a ****load of work on which is all super-urgent, but vague as **** so I haven't the faintest idea what it is I'm supposed to start and finish by the end of the day.

On my way home, I had to wait in howling wind & rain for a bus running 20 minutes late, driven by a rude "fellow" who didn't seem to understand what accelerator pedals actually do. Having not moved more than 100 yards after getting off the bus I was then soaked by some ***** driving far too quickly through a massive puddle. So instead of being slightly damp - I can deal with slightly damp - I am now soaked to the bone right at the start of a 20-25 minute walk in the wind and rain.

I'm just glad we changed the cat litter we use so that you're no longer smacked in the face with the reeking stench of cat urine as soon as you walk in my front door.

So. Today can suck my ****.

Yeah I'd have walked out at that point.

14. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Just a thought but pukka tea bags, night time is really good... Has stopped me waking up at night... Maybe you and the missus should try it

15. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

I was part of a collision last Monday. Which involved a car going across two lanes of traffic from a junction to go onto a path/closed industrial estate, he took me and my bike along with him for a short while and the end result is I now have a fractured back, this is after being sent home from hospital the night of the accident with a "back sprain" (they didn't see the fracture at first)

Yay! :sigh:

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

If you're in the market for a new job its always worth practicing them. You don't need anyone else, find a list of the biggies on the internet and print them out. stick a couple copys around the house and answer them in your head as you drift past. screw it answering them out loud works better.

Interview questions are generic but not commonly answered so its important to think about how to answer the correctly!

• Tell me an occasion you worked well in a team?
    • What would you say is your strength?
    • What is you weaknesses?
    • Whats your favourite animal and why?
    • Whats your favourite colour and why?

The more ambigious questions are there to test you, be creative with your answer but relate back to a particular job position your applying for. you win brownie points for being prepared for these things. Its obvious when someone turns up unprepared for an interview, they'll check google for common answers so its important to engage the brain

I got grilled for 2 hours from 3 different people, i've been lucky enough to return as one of those people interviewing during a recruitment process. I'm happy to help you win any preparation if you would like

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ah yes, the joys of the old paper-wrapped cables. We had a similar problem in Nottingham not too long ago. The old substation near the castle had some cables which caught fire and knocked out power to half the city centre.

What can happen is a surge of sufficient magnitude can cause a flash through the insulation of the cables, when that insulation is flammable, there's your fire.

It's also the biggest cause of fires with lightning strikes, the strike itself rarely causes fire (although it can), it's most likely to be secondary arcing from cables.

19. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Edit: Nowt

Last edited: 14 Mar 2016
  20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

If she says that, she is seeing the relationship as something she has to invest energy in (which she does not have to spare at the moment), and forgot that it is also something she can get energy and support out of (not everybody has experienced functional relationships so learning this can come as a surprise to them). Time to step up and show her how you've got her back.

Weather this, and your relationship will grow stronger.

It sucks, dat. But also tell her when you can see her. Then get her a teddy bear or something that you give her (and it has to be you, in person) to look after her when you cannot be there in person.