1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Where to sell old PC games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Retro~Burn, 7 Feb 2022.

1. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

As the title asks, are there any sites like Music Magpie that let you sell old PC games? I know there's E-Bay but I suspect the postage will be more than selling individually and I'd rather do them in bulk. These games are mostly early to mid noughties. Cheers

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you're looking for "throw a load in a box and post," your best bet is probably CEX. They won't have anything outside the mainstream, but they've got stuff of that era - like Tron 2.0.

They'll probably only give you 1p each (no, really, that's how much they're offering for Tron 2.0), but it gets 'em out the house and out of a landfill.

Other than that, FleaBay and the marketplace 'ere are your best bets. At the very least, have a shufti for anything rare before you fling 'em all at CEX!

Byron C, Hex and SuperHans123 like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If you can figure out how to price them then you're at least less likely to get messed about on our marketplace than you are with something like ebay or facebook market.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I second CEX, you only get about a quid per game, but they do at least take pretty much everything. No worrying about what's worth selling vs what isn't, or how long you'll have to wait for an interested buyer.

Unrelated, CEX sell a lot of graphics cards and have 24 month warranties on them. Not sure how they're able to swing that but it's where I send all my customers now if they ask after gaming hardware, cos I still can't source the stuff.