1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which way are you playing DXHR and which Augs did you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2011.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is more of a placeholder for me as I haven't started the same yet, but I'd like to come back to some discussion when I'm getting on with it :D

I aim to play it as much non-lethal and stealth as possible, but no doubt I'll end up gun-ho like always :/ Same with the original I'm still playing through; I thought "this level all stealth!" then 2 minutes later fired a GEP into 5 of them because they were standing close together. :duh:

2. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Lol Bindi, you have a similar strategy to me.

Only played first 10 mins while sorting out settings etc, but so far so good. I've no idea how I'm going to play it tbh, I don't even know what augs are available as I've been trying not to learn too much about the game until I play it for myself.

3. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Same here I've been trying to keep it a surprise. The only real influence I have really is from the original, which I'm actually in the process of finishing up before moving on to HR... kinda behind schedule though :S

Because the opportunity is there I really like to go non-lethal when possible, but at least stealth... if I feel like starting to blow stuff up I go play something else lol.

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I completed it as mostly stealthy, but pretty-tough, too. I had the stealth upgrades (Enemy field of view, sound-indicator, last-known location), Full Bioenergy upgrades, so I could perform More Takedowns in less time (Because everyone loves a good punch in the face), The GlassShield Stealth System, completely maxed, so I'd get seven seconds of invisibility a pop, Then the Icarus falling system, so I could just hop off a rooftop and glide down without a care in the world.

Full sub-dermal Armour, including the EMP immunity, makes the game a lot easier at points, especially near electrified water, you can just stroll casually through it. The Rebreather and the first of the sprint-increasers, and the ability to pick up heavier crates, simply because it opened up more options in which routes I could take.

Stealth in this game is, put simply, a pain in the ass, it's okay, at first, but eventually there's just enemies EVERYWHERE, it gets to the point where you have to go on the offensive at points, or draw them off to stun them one by one.

On a side note; it's amazing how many security guards can fit into a two meter section of vent, I think my current best is five.

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I almost forgot about this unlocking today :D I have 4 litres of coke, a large bag of crisps, bits and pieces of chocolate and sausages in the fridge if I remember to cook sometime before midnight!

6. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

Im still waiting for mine never came in the post today damn royal mail...

7. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

AUG SPOILER!

I'm using:
    silent footsteps/sprinting
    sprint faster
    jump higher
    added strength (loads of big things block secret routes)
    unlocked whole inventory (its like resi 4)
    double takedowns
    more energy/faster recharge
    hacking level up

mainly done these as im playing stealthy. jumping helps me reach hidden areas too :)

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

So far I've been using:
    Silent Movement, Jump Higher, Hacking Improvements, Recharge Battery Fast + Extra Battery, Full Inventory, Cloaking and Improved Armour. Oh, and the no falling damage thing (though I only really use it when I want to jump off a really high building and watch the cool effect).

I'm mostly the same play-style, attempting a full stealth run through (Splinter Cell style). I've only used lethal tactics on 3 people so far (not including bosses that you have to use lethal on).

The silly thing is although I'm not using lethal weapons, my inventory is filled with a rocket launcher, sniper rifle, combat rifle and shotgun. I have the tranquillizer darts as well, though seem to rely mostly on sneaking about and doing hand-to-hand take downs.

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

First augs I upgraded were strength and then the hacking ones - really useful, especially the one that improves your hacking stealth. Now thinking about doing either invisibility and energy or something else.

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Eeek! Forgot about this! Installing now.

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I'm doing a mix - stealth to a point, simply because the game is stingy with ammo so it's actually pretty hard to just rush in with guns blazing. My assault rifle only usually has 20-30 rounds for it, unless I just found a shop. That said, I have loads for my silenced 10mm pistol.

I'm not bothered about non-lethal however. Happy enough to shoot somebody with a silenced sniper rifle or 10mm if it takes them down without notifying anybody else. The time needed to sneak up to every guard and melee them is just...meh, and it also encourages over-use of the auto-save system.

My weapons:
    Assault rifle w/ laser sight, ammo capacity upgrade for when it gets noisy
    10mm pistol w/ laser sight, silencer, damage upgrade, 2x ammo upgrade, reload upgrade
    Sniper rifle w/ laser sight, silencer, reload upgrade
    Dart rifle

I occasionally use the PEP, gas grenades and very rarely the stun gun if I have it in my inventory at the time (usually sold at the next opportunity).

Augments?
    Concentrated on hacking first, which has paid dividends as I can hack all systems with ease. After that, inventory, battery/energy boosts, some stealth (see through walls!), armour and jumping.

12. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'd suggest maxing your hacking ability augs so you can hack high level terminals first, then max your inventory size so you increase the amount of stuff you can carry/sell. I will spend the majority of my credits on praxis points.

I'm planning on doing a stealth build myself, though I too see myself getting annoyed and hosing everyone. You do get more XP for stealth, non lethal takedowns though, so I guess it's worth it.

Hopefully the cloaking and noise suppressing augs make stealth a lot easier.

13. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

the bosses are stupidly hard on normal.... :/ its kinda ruining the game for me. its unbalanced. easy to do everything except kill bosses -_-

14. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

It is so hard to choose what augs to have. I am not that far in and am choosing to be fairly stealthy, although I don't mind taking out some of the gangster dudes. I have put a fiar amount on my hacking (level 3 - I haven't left detroit yet) as I seem to be addicted to the jacking minigame.

I am wanting the Icarus aug next, but then I would like to open out more slots in the inventory.

Choices............choices.

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I don't think you need to max inventory size - with the standard inventory size, just by selling off the ammo and weapons I pick up but don't need, I make more money than I know what to do with.

Stealth is great, you get to explore the levels a lot more. Hacking is even better - you'd be a fool to ignore it when the game's plot and mechanics place so much emphasis on it. Funnily enough jumping high is also incredibly useful, though rarely essential.

Finally I haven't found a need for the noise suppressing augs, but perhaps more advanced enemies will be more alert for footsteps etc.

16. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

I just did the boss battle with Barrett and I've been mostly stealthing about occasionally popping up with my tricked out pistol to pop a few melons... So when I got to the this boss he just shot me a couple of times and I was dead!

I had to reduce the difficulty to just through the battle to carry on playing...

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Does anyone else think that some of the music is fantastic? I love the music in the LIMB clinics especially.

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

...I sit listening to the menu for a while every time I boot up.

19. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I started off being all gung-ho and then replayed the first real mission doing the ghost achievement just for fun and now I use a mix of the two. I've mostly spent my points in hacking so far and have about 3 or 4 unspent as I use them generally as I think I need them.

I started off with the combat rifle and I'd love to have a silenced sniper rifle or something like that, I have a silencer in my bags, just waiting for the weapon to come along for now. I have had decent success with my upgraded combat rifle and pistol so far. The crossbow was useful when I had it but I don't have it right now.

Sorry if the above seems kind of missing details but I'm trying to avoid spoilers :p

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I like squatting up and down hard.. play peek a boo until they spot me- then poof gone like a ghost