1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do many Americans hate Canada?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. Roboto, 22 Mar 2003.

1. penski

penski BodMod

Yeah I actually like Canada as a place (you have no idea just how much I keep trying to type 'Kaneda')...It's pretty and stuff and the people are mostly cool.

*n

2. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

the english dont like the french cuz for most of our history we were at war with them, and they stole land off us (a bit of canada, west indies etc ;)).

plus the french dont like us, so we just return the favour :D

3. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Hey, we already apologized for Celine Dion. Let it die already.

What's wrong with those other badns though ? Theyza be the good'su !

Never been to the JFL festival myself, but had friends who went,a dn seen my share of it on TV, the general concensus is that it rocks.

I'd say crashing available with em, but I live about six hours away from Montreal :D Pay more for gas, than you would on hotel :D

I have to say, I'm not newfy (hwo does one speel that anyways?) but I've met A LOT of them, and I have to say, they are some fo the nicest people I've ever met. They get joked at so much, but just take it and have a jolly time. Never met one that didn't offer up a welcome hand.

4. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

there used to be a late nite tv show showing you highlights of the just for laughs festival but they stopped running it

i liek the fact that they only get 2 mins on stage & if they run logner they just shut the light off

5. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

its was on paramount with the two blokes from this morning with richard not judy in it.

it was funny :D

6. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

yep thats the one

7. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

I'm from and living in Canada and the reason you think that we're idiots is because we are ruled totally by Ontario and Quebec. THEY are the idiots, the West, North, and Maritimes are pretty darned smart.

Did you know that Alberta has more oil in the northern oil sands than there is in the Middle east. Under Koyoto it becomes illegal to mine.

The largest mineral deposit on the Ring of Fire is in BC, and was made into a UN park, that means NO mining there, and Canada can't undo the decision. :wallbash:

We're going broke while we sit on a pile of gold, and it's all for the environment. :miffed: :grr: :grr: :miffed:

8. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Hey ! Ontario isn't stupid.

Just the idiots that run it

Although I agree on Quebec :D

Actually I think the whole Americans hating Canada thing isn't apparent here, is because BiT being BiT, it is comprised of people who are friendly, intelligent, and open to new things.

Most of the Americans that hate Canada are inbred white trash mutants from South Dakota that don't know how this comp-e-utar works :p :D

no offense to the inbred white trash that have a brain and can use it

9. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Hey, Levigne is hot, I will take her any day :naughty: .

We just have some fun with Canada. It's kind of like America's little brother in a way. Always follows us around, does what we do, when it's in a bad mood it stands up to us. But being the bigger brother that we are, we like to pick on our younger, less fortunate siblings.

Actually I like Canada. My sister lives in Montreal. I've been up there several times. Very nice place. And you can drink when your 18 :worried: . I do have one question though. Sort of off topic. Do they really have 'weed' bars in Canada? I've heard they do, but it seems kind of weird that there would be.

10. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I think there's more hatred within Canada than from America toward Canada :p :lol:

11. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Not legal ones, no. But yes they exist. I imagine they exist everywhere :D

I think your thinking of Holland and Poland. I know w couple of my friends go to Poland every summer, and each time they come back, they are still stoned out of their minds.

And it's 19 to drink in Canada. Well Ontario anywayz. :p

Unless they changed it :worried: In which case I have some catching up to do :lol: :naughty:

12. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

*AHEM*

:grr: :grr: :grr:

You want me to get into why Ireland 'could' a laughing stock? and all the colonial brittish raping of countries? Well? do you? ( lived in Africa AND Ireland, niether of which are any better because of brittish monarchy/rule )

*stares directly at JafferAB's eyes waiting for a time to attack*

Last edited: 23 Mar 2003
  13. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

I dont think many americans hate canada, I think they just misunderstand us. Igloos and dogsleds and inuits and skiing and snowboarding. Honestly I hate snow, I live farther south then oregon, have scottish and irish ancestry, cant ski and cant snowboard.

But I do like beer and hockey, as long as it is canadian beer at least.

We love our comedy shows that go down the US universities and get the grad students and profs to congtatulate us on the erection of peter mans' bridge (Peter Mansbridge is the main news anchor on one of our largest TV networks). Or congratulating us on our national igloo.

14. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

that was an awesome show..... :D

15. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Just to add a bit of the American opinion here...
    There are actual Americans who dislike hotdogs grilled out... so if anyone says "Americans feel this way" I don't believe them... We are so diverse, meaning we have smart and stupid people!

Personally, I like Canada.

If you have a Five Iron Fenzy CD lying around check out "Oh Canada"

:p

16. talorel

talorel What's a Dremel?

Maybe some Americans hate Canada because we make fun of them so much. We need someone else to laugh at. After all, most Canadians can't laugh at themselves, when they should.

See the ad for "The Rant" (only in Canada can a beer commercial increase patriotism ten times more than a raised flag or national anthem. Also see No doot aboot it - second ad). The entire beer commercial is Canadian patriotism that takes the form of slamming the Americans in nearly every line. It was the biggest commercial of the decade here :) meant in fun, of course :D

Oh - and drinking age in Alberta is 18

:clap: <--- sitting in the middle of a chinook right now

17. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Hey, at least we win things (ie cricket) :D

18. talorel

talorel What's a Dremel?

Canada - womens hockey gold - 2k2 olympics
    Canada - mens hockey gold - 2k2 olympics

maybe that's another reason :)

19. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

hmm canada....:eyebrow: I don't know i guess there all right.. Their really just there.. I have no problems with them and i'm american.. And there damn good at hockey!:clap: tho i don't watch hockey.... :worried: heh.. and oh yeah

*whispers* canadian bacon is really ham shhhhhhh!! :waah:

p.s- also um most of the hicks comefrom the south i.e. alabama,arkansas,gerogia,mississippi

Last edited: 25 Mar 2003
  20. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

Im going to Kanooodia :)D) in June for 2 weeks, staying with cousins then for the last 4 days staying in a wood cabin in the mountains, should be great.