1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Why the iPad is Intel’s worst nightmare

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 12 Feb 2010.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

then you aint really got a netbook?

as a netbook costs around £200 and has onboard graphics

you have a laptop and they are entirely diffrent

2. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

its a samsung nc10

3. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

This is an interesting view point and probably the most positive I have read regarding the ipad. The idea and overall concept of using their existing phone apps and tools on a larger more powerful device is a darn good move, but let down by only being a big brother to the iphone and not something potentially far greater.

I still can't consider it a "proper" computer only a souped up phone. The lack of missing camera and mic prevents the possibility of video conferencing via a skype style app, lack of a stylus is going to make handwriting tasks less effective (even if you can use your finger) which limits the whole "pad" idea. Not to mention a serious lack of usb and memory card ports seriously limits expandability options.

All the current "features" for the ipad are things I can already do on my 2 year old mobile, I can do all that and more with my laptop, which may not be a sleek or lightweight as the ipad, but I'd rather have function over form any day.

I'm not an apple fan and PC's have kept me captivated by their versatility for years, but if the ipad had a decent enough feature set I would have seriously considered buying one but the sheer limitation keeps me away and safely at the keyboard of my PC and Laptop.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I know that tablets have been around for years. I've owned one since about 2005. But they never really took off; they were a niche product.

Then Apple shows signs of developing one, and whoosh! The market is suddenly flooded with prototypes.

5. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

ARM vs Core they'll be fighting it out for Total Annihilation!

Tags: Add Tags