1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Will Minecraft run on This Nettop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by huntergedon, 27 Nov 2011.

1. huntergedon

huntergedon What's a Dremel?

Hello. Ive been lately Looking into Some Nettops And Shuttle PC's. I already have a desktop and A laptop. I thought it would be Time for Something new ya know? I Love the indie game Minecraft by heart. And I was wondering in general If any of these Systems Could be able to run The Game and/or be okay for Home use. Most Of the reviews On Newegg's Site use them for Home Media centers Etc.

Here's what I've been looking at.

Foxconn NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA AMD Hudson D1 1 x 204Pin AMD Radeon HD 6310 Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119050
    This one seems pretty Decent. the HD radeon made Me think this might not be a bad choice.
    You can put up to 4Gb ram in it. The Cpu Is 1.6ghz dual core. (not very pleasing) But the graphics kinda made me "Wow!" It has a Hd radeon 6310. (better than my desktops Hd radeon 4550 :lol:) And Also I noticed it comes with a free dvd Burner With purchase limited time offer o.0! (not to brag!)

If you happen To know a better Suited Nettop Or Booksize system Id LOVE to know! I wouldnt Mind spending a extra 25-60$

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Welcome to the forums mate! I'm not going to lie, I don't know if MC will run on that. Well it should, just depends how good/bad. To me MC is a pain to guess at, I have issues with it on my desktop running a quad and a 5770 at times, and it's hit and miss on my laptop with intel gfx.

What I will say is if you do get that, install OptiFine. It gives you more gfx options to play with to improve your FPS, and seems to generally run better. The multicore version for V1.00 isn't out yet, but it will be in time.

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

It should be fine. You will probably have to reduce the draw distances a bit though.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It won't run well, I wouldn't call it "fine" to be honest. 4Gb of ram is the minimum you want for minecraft, and that CPU is really going to struggle with the game. Graphics will be fine, but minecraft is a CPU and RAM destroyer, not graphics.

5. huntergedon

huntergedon What's a Dremel?

Hmm... I didnt Think so In the very Beggining. Would a intel atom dual core @ 1.8ghz do? If not ill look into some larger Not to big but Powerful enough nettops.