1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows windows 10 sleep annoyance

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mr Meltdown, 20 Dec 2015.

1. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Recent Windows 10 upgrade .

My laptop goes to sleep when i open the lid, i then have to press space bar for it to wake up again and then log in. in other words i open the lid and it shows the time and a screen, i then have to wait for it to go to sleep and then wait for it to wake up again before i can resume using it

Any idea how to stop it doing that? I have looked at the power options and what the lid closing does (sleep), but how do i stop it doing this when i open the lid again?

2. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

H'mm changed wake timers from "important wake timers" to "enable" and password required on wake to off and it now is behaving as expected.

I'd given up as even that didnt seem to make any difference earlier, but now i pick up the laptop a couple of hours later and it is suddenly doing what is expected.

3. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Nope, i spoke too soon, it's 50/50 back to annoying sleep mode again. But that's better than all the bloody time i suppose.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

its going to sleep when you open the lid?

sounds like an ACPI tantrum, chipset drivers installed properly/up to date?

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Hum, apart from the update itself beeing slow as hell*, the computer is running fine on Win10.

I have a very small SSD though, and Win10 has the benefit of kicking off the recovery partition (as it appearently doesn't need it)

*slow? yes slow, took over 6 hours to download and install.

6. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

My sleep problem seems to have gone away now, I havent changed anything at all since posting the above. So no idea why it wasnt working and then was now and again and now seem to be fine all the time.

Install time will be down to ram and speed of the PC among other things, it took a damn site longer on my i3 laptop with 8gb ram (maybe around 2- 3 hours start to finish) than on my dual xeon with 48gb ram which took about an hour start to finish.