1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows loses market share to Mac OS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Nov 2009.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Year 9 at school for me, the time the original i Mac was introduced to the IT classrooms. I didn't like the mouse it had and i've disliked Apple ever since. Come to think of it, I got my first Windows PC that year. But im not an irrational Apple hating PC fanboy, honest.

APPLE SUCKS! :p

2. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

the iphone has taken over from the wii as the offical shovelware platform of choice. IMO its not a great title to have, but apple seem to be fine with it, as did nintendo, so whatever floats your boats/makes you easy money.

3. Autti

Autti What's a Dremel?

Wow mac hate some more? Do you realise that Mac makes windows better?
    What is more amazing is the profits the company can churn out with such a small share.

I liked bit-tech's article on how to build a Mac killer a while back, it really showed that their computers aren't as over-valued as some think (except for upgrades those are a kick in the teeth).
    Honestly i think both OS are great for different things, I have windows7 and its fantastic, does everything i want. But i also have a Macbook Pro (mostly because it was the cheapest 13" laptop with decent performance around) and i love it for taking to uni and typing up my notes and browsing the web.
    I think the increased market share though has come from cheaper prices, Macbook's are now very cheap and aren't that slow and offer good battery life and look the best. iMac's are becoming a lot cheaper but aren't that overpriced for when you consider what it is, Mac Pro's are criminally priced though.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It's not Mac hate. It's people saying how Mac OS doesn't fit their needs, remember that you ARE in a computer enthousiast forum.. people love.. sorry... I meant LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVE building their own computer(s), modding things, folding (not paper, but protein folding.. ok well.. some like to fold paper all day...), and of course play games, editing audio, video, pictures, photograph, CAD, opening their own LAN store, cooking bacon with their old CPU and putting sleeves on cables and much more crazy over the top things. :D

Last edited: 3 Nov 2009
  5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

there are some MACs at my uni (ETS, you must know what it is goodbytes) and I am glad I always have my laptop with me. I don't get this OS it's so weird...I mean... why the hell can't I maximize a window ? LOL

6. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I spent two months on it - long enough to form an opinion. I really don't understand the hype.

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I really find it laughable to compare MacOSX' share of 5.27% to Windows 7's share of 2.15% gained after only a couple of weeks on sale, when Windows as such still has a share of more than 90%.

Who would expect all Windows (XP mostly) users to switch to Windows 7 overnight? Not even Goodbytes, I'd wager... :p

The "losing ground" bit really tops it off... :D

EDIT: The Inq really sums it up nicely. I especially love the Steve Ballmer bit...

Last edited: 3 Nov 2009
  8. sear

sear Guest

You mean by grossly overpricing every single one of their products?

9. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Two corporations pursuing two completely different corporate strategies. While there is some overlap in their respective target markets, there is no head-to-head competition between the two for OVERALL market share.

Tags: Add Tags