1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Work for bit-tech and bit-gamer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 Mar 2011.

1. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

If there's demand for it 2-4 times a day! :D

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Hmm, goes to check inbox...

Nope, nothing there.

Phew :)

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Perhaps, if you live outside the radius set out by the inevitable restraining order :p

4. dariun

dariun What's a Dremel?

Hi

With the 300 word news story does it have to be tech/games related? i.e. a short report on the Sandy Bridge fault or about upcoming DLC for Dragon Age 2?

I take it as you have used the words "news story" as opposed to "article" pieces of prose such as a game/tech review isn't really suitable for submission or am I mistaken?

Also, with the comment about Photoshop, what is classed as "amazing"? Not too sure whether that comment is joking or not....as far as I know that pic can be made by layering the three logos and flattening them onto 1 layer (assuming you have the logos as seperate pic files in the first place) or has my inexperience with Photoshop shown? :-s

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Yes, it needs to be a news story, not a full article, such as a feature or review.

You're much spot on about the technique to create that image, I bashed it out in about 2 mins using Photoshop. And so yes, I was joking about skill :)

6. dariun

dariun What's a Dremel?

WIN! :)

time to bash out a cover letter, article and refresh my CV :)

7. yogev_ezra

yogev_ezra Green Gadgets Ltd

What would be the source for those news items? (i.e., will you provide a topic and say "Write a news item on this!", or the freelancer can choose the topics himself?)

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

A mixture of the two, most of the time we'll expect you to come up with stories, but from time to time we'll ask you to write about something specific.

Tags: Add Tags