1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 Elite gets a European price

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

And they charge you out the bumhole for a 120GB HDD. £130!

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

You forgot the black paint as well!

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I wanna know wheres the White 120GB hard drive????

All I have seen is a Black one, and if the only black console (Elite) already comes with one, why did they do the upgrade one black and not white??

I want a white one to match my white console. Black will make it pugly.

5. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if it will be using the 65nm Falcon board? I'm assuming the new heatsink arrangement will be a given.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think its a no on the Falcon board...

WAKE UP MS!!!!!!!!

7. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

I'm glad MS have finally lowered the prices across range, I'm now very tempted to pick up an elite later in the year but I still won't bother until I can get one with the 65nm process.

8. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Same here. The problem is going to be how to identify that you are actually getting the 65nm based device. Does anyone know? I'm sure I read somewhere that any manufactured from July will be, but I'm not 100% sure of the date. I must try and find the article again.

Edit:
    Found it on Xbox.com. It's a forum thread so the source can't be confirmed. (Link)

Last edited: 21 Aug 2007
  9. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

£250 but it will still overheat and melt down ? no thanks

10. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

/\ I hear you, and they continue to upgrade the console every other week which would only make you think twice about your purchase the week after. They need to try and put as much into the console as possible upfront (65nm maybe?) especially on the EU/UK launched units, just like you would think any other console manufacturer would do, but then again technology is progressing like wildfire, so it makes sense that they are doing the upgrade thing, but why so often? anyways that's my 2 cents.....

11. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Maybe some kind retailer will follow the example that Scan did with the Go Step Q6600 CPU's and gurantee a 65nm for those that want one. The sad thing is though that it would probably mean that they would be left with the older models that they can't shift.

I would seriously consider buying one though, I can see the appeal of simply turning on one box, flinging in your game of choice and it works straight away, no worries about hardware compatability, driver updates or games so full of bugs you need to patch it a couple of times to get it to even run. Besides it keeps my younger relatives busy without letting them loose on my PC.

You do get the drawbacks that go with something that is hardware locked and can't be upgraded but as long as the initial spec is pretty good the games will still be acceptable.

12. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Why the heck haven't they put integrated HD-DVD in the Elite? Or at least manufactured all Elites on a 65nm process with the overheating problem sorted? Seriously, now the Prem has HDMI all you get is a black paint job and a bigger HDD? I know the price is nice and all, but what's the point?!

13. DougEdey

The HD-DVD problem is because they can't currently be BIOS locked.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I might consider upgrading to an elite actually, trade in my probably soon to have a dead laser 360 in, and for £30 more than a 120Gb HDD I'd get a brand new console. Never considered it before, since HDMI didn't interest me, but I might if I want to go for the 120Gb HDD.

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Is it going to be HDMI only or will it have component as well??

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

I believe it's got HDMI and Component. :)

17. DougEdey

It's just a digital decoding chip. The standard cables work.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oh, thats what I was gonna ask, anyone know if this comes with a HDD transfer doohicky?

19. DougEdey

If it's like the US, you have to request one FOC

20. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

By the way...no love for the new Arcade SKU (formerly known as Core)?

It sports HDMI, Wireless controllers, 5 XBLM games and a 256 Memory card. So, if gaming is all you are interested it has everything you may need. And it matches the Wii price point (+- 250€). You may not be able to store every demo on XBLM, but it's not like we Europeans can rent HD films yet (not until 2008 at least).

For the first time since launch, MS has turned the Core into an interesting proposal value-wise. With Bioshock out and Mass Effect and Too Human coming, the 250€ price may be enough to push me to one to complement my PS3.

Tags: Add Tags