1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XBox Live Spring Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 9 Apr 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. R_H

R_H What's a Dremel?

From the Business Week site

"Microsoft said it will launch a Qwerty text-input device over the summer that will connect directly to the Xbox 360 controller to support text and instant messaging."

They should better release a keyboard and mouse adaptor that's supported for use in games, not for IMing.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Because it looks absolutely ridiculous?

Well, it does. I mean, props to MS for listening to customers' demands, but what an abysmally stupid demand. "talking is just too easy, I wanna game with a challenge!"

5. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

A PC and Alt+Tab does that trick easily.. And why fork out for a console to play FPS games anyways?? Plus a ridiculously expensive TV if big screen is all you want?

6. K

K 528491

I think people just wanted to use it in the dashboard. Still can't see the appeal myself. Maybe it'll help for setting up games with your proper friends. I mean, at least you'll be able to use a USB keyboard now. Maybe we'll be getting the keyboard and mouse support for games at some point? That'd be sweet.

The most disappointing thing about this update though is still no 16:10 support. People have been asking for this for sooooooo long it's not even funny. I'm convinced the image quality would be an awful lot better if it was the Xbox itself handling the scaling of a 720p image to fit 1680 x 1050. Come onnnnn gimme gimme.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

It's been possible to use a USB keyboard for sending messages from the dashboard for quite some time now.

I don't get what the big wow about this actually is? Is it that it integrates with you MSN friends list or something? Just that we've been able to send messages via text to people on our XBL contacts lists since, well, ever.

8. K

K 528491

I actually thought the second after I posted that 'I bet you can already do that...', hahaha. Oh well.

9. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

PUH-WNN-threed. Easy and you don't sound stupid at all ;)

10. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Internet browsing is blatently coming now if there releasing a keyboard, and tbh its a games console not a PC why would people need a mouse as well? So youd have a big divide in FPS games between those who bought a mouse and those who didnt? Really where is a mouse gonna fit in with your 40" HDTV and the rest of your home entertainment system, simple answer.....it isnt.

11. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Who cares about IM that add on has enough buttons to satisfy someone who say plays a small MMORPG called World of Warcraft. PS3 KILLER!

12. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Why fork out the money? Once a console gamer, always a console gamer. ;)

13. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

FOR THE SAKE OF F**** JUST UPDATE THE DAMN CONSOLE SO I CAN PLUG IN A STANDARD USB MOUSE AND KEYBOARD AND START FRAGING!!!!!!![/rant]

and why only 6?

15. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Sarcasm meter off the charts… MELTDOWN IMMINENT!

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Notice how Microsoft wants you to buy their priority peripherals. A keyboard for the joy pad hey. Is it just me or are Microsoft that dam greedy. How much is this keyboard going to be if they charge £35 for a £2 web cam.

They wont want to give support for USB keyboards as they wont more money from us so instead of getting a £5 USB keyboard they are going to fleece us for their own.

17. kempez

kempez modding again!

You can use a USB keyboard for messaging on the dashboard now. Don't see the point of the update or the peripheral tbh

18. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

As a current owner of a 360 who has sunk over 1000$ into his console, I can only really bitch about one thing and thats lack of a browser on the 360. If this becomes a reality anytime soon it would put the 360 on top of pretty much every other console in terms of viability... however if they do happen to include a browser anytime soon it will probably be for Live users only and that will be a huge kick in the pants for all of us.

MS could do very little to secure their console as the victor of the console wars.
    All they would have to do is install an optional (non-live) browser, make Live service free, and bankroll a few more games each month (cause at the current rate good 360 games are very rare).

19. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Did ya'll miss the MPEG-4 and H.264 support built into the console?

being able to watch my 720p rips on TV = UNF

20. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

The silent downloading is what im looking forward to.... n someday 40yrs from now, a silent 360...

Tags: Add Tags