1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Some people have more money than time, and overclocking is too time consuming for them ;-)
    Other people have noticably more time, they tinker and save money...:D

If I'd received 5£ for every hour hunting errors in an overclocked PC, I could have spent 100£ more and played 20 hours more :thumb:

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I was talking specifically about overclocking your GPU. If you are gaming then you have plenty of time to spare. It takes no time at all to google your chosen card to see what other people have them running at.

I can understand overclocking a complete PC for the best performance gain or ultimate benchmark score can be far too time consuming and complicated. But OC'ing in general is so simple these days with improvements to Motherboard's BIOS options and even built in OC'ing tools and settings, not to mention guides all over the internet with average OC'ing expectations. All it takes is a little google search and the info is there. It doesn't even take long to change the settings.

3. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

This is rubbish, $259.99 was the exact price when 5850 launched. This is a forgettable (5830) cart.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

True, still if you're looking for stability and silence, just buying a bigger oomph out of the box is preferable (if you can afford it)

(Same goes to all the guys tweaking 1.1L vw polo's out there) :D

5. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

Since buying my GTX285 when they first entered the market, i'd say my cards still pretty sweet compared to these new ATI cards... i mean the 5870 only just beats it by only a few frames in even crysis and other games... I think AMD should be wetting the bed when NVIDIA brings out their new fermi cards... which are sure to do another nuking as America did to Japan all them years ago.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

You can hope for it (I do, as at the moment performance is stagnating) but I wouldn't bet on it.

When they supposed to come out? Next Monday?

7. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

An interesting price point to me as I am just looking at 5770's and 5830's because my old Nvidia 9600GT just doesn't cut it any more.

I would like a 5830, but my budget would not extend to one before and I was going to settle for a 5770 (Because one of those is still going to be a huge jump over my current hardware) - but at £190 I may just be able to get the extra cash together and get one.

8. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Tags: Add Tags