1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Yellow tinted U2412M / Lottery?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qualalol, 8 Oct 2013.

1. qualalol

qualalol What's a Dremel?

My new (second) Dell U2412M just arrived -- setting it up next to my original one (bought beginning 2012) I noticed immediately that the new monitor s showing a yellowish-tint. Both monitors have exactly the same colour/brightness/contrast settings (I've also done a factory reset to be sure). This seems to be a common problem with newer U2412Ms (specifically with revision A00, whereas my original was a A02).

So -- I'm going to be returning the monitor (assuming the problem doesn't disappear within the next few days) -- but what's the best option for getting a working replacement? Should I just ask amazon for a replacement, or get a refund and buy elsewhere? I can't really be bothered with the hassle of having to send a monitor back multiple times, so would rather not get it from Amazon if it's likely I'll get another defective one. (There's one other very recent review detailing the same issue, so I'm clearly not alone.)

Last edited: 8 Oct 2013
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It must be keep in mind, that unless you are lucky, you won't get 2 times the same monitor. Different batch means different backlight manufacture and circuits to meet demand.

U2412M had many issues with the A00, it is to be voided this revision. It's best to order direction from Dell, or a seller with a lot of movement to ensure the latest revision.