1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Your Favourite Movie Scene

Discussion in 'General' started by Blogins, 21 Dec 2014.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ah I forgot about the 'Freedom' scene in Django, too, my favourite from the film and one of my favourite songs.

2. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Hard to pick one, but there are some great ones in "God Bless America"

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

You can pretty much interchange this with any fight scene from The Raid 1&2, they're all sublime. This one is probably my favourite though:

4. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Double post

5. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

With these sort of things my mind always changes from day to day. I know I like the "Everyone!!" scene from Leon and the two previously mentioned scenes from Heat.

One that sticks in my mind is the ending of Michael Clayton.

SPOILER ALERT - If you haven't seen Michael Clayton and you want to. Don't watch this scene.

But then there are other scenes that I think of later that have a more technical side such as the single shot in True Detective Episode 4. Where you start to think of all the things that are going on out of shot to create this scene.

Here's the link as it has to be viewed on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVK_scFlCHg

Last edited: 13 Jan 2015
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That scene at the end of Michael Clayton is brilliant but it spoils the whole film if you haven't seen it! Spoiler alert!

7. boiled_elephant

Michael Clayton was odd in that it passed under the radar despite being really well made and having a big name lead. Another film like that was Fracture, which starred Anthony Hopkins and also totally fell under the radar despite being really good. It has one of my favourite intros (all those ball bearings gliding ponderously around endless finely machined brass wires). Sadly not on youtube.

That tracking shot from True Detective was one of the most anxiety-inducing things I saw last year, I immediately went back and watched it a couple more times when I finished the episode.

edit - speaking of anxiety-inducing things, I have to mention Gravity. Controversial film (roughly a third of everyone in the audience thought it was abysmal, the other two thirds thought it was the second coming of Christ, and both sides seem very impassioned about the whole thing - the youtube comment feeds on all things Gravity-related are an absolute slaughterhouse) but the initial 'debris' scene when things begin to unravel is mesmerizing and one of the most immersive moments I've ever experienced in a cinema:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2015
  8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Hmm, either:

or:

80's action at its best. :)

9. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I watched this movie shortly after the birth of my son and wept at this scene. It sums up why the world has gone to hell much better than anything else you could say about the world Children of Men takes place in.

Funniest fight scene of all time from my favorite Jackie Chan movie. Operation Condor! 2:10, best punch ever.

10. boiled_elephant

On a total tangent, the world has actually improved dramatically in almost every area and by almost every measure over the past few millennia, at least with regard to violence, warfare and killing. The slaughtering, amorality and nihilism of war films and post-apocalyptic dystopian fiction is variously a cautionary tale, a very narrow historical focus or a total fantasy. While there are still some horrible things happening, there are exponentially fewer than at any other time in humanity's history. Source

11. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I guess my post isn't completely clear, but I am referring only to the world of Children of Men. I think when you say, "On a total tangent" you are acknowledging that, but I guess there's a bit of ambiguity in both our posts.

12. boiled_elephant

Ah my bad, I completely misunderstood your post. Sorry!

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This scene from Inglorious Basterds is incredible.

And of course....

14. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Love that scene in Inglorious basterds with the three fingers.