1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your gaming backlog

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by backdrifter, 14 Mar 2011.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Oh, one that should be on my backlog, but isn't because it was TOO DAMN SHORT, is Crysis: Warhead. Good game, but christ, it was over before I had time to fart.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

My backlog is kind of stuck at the moment. I'm forcing myself to play through Crysis at the moment and have just got to the bit where you meet the aliens. My god, I'm so bored... Maneuvring thrusters? I mean, really? COME ON!

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Blimey, all of those games I have somewhere, yet never finished.

So my replay list is as follows:
    Homeworld: Cataclysm (Easily my favourite of the three games)
    Assassin's Creed (Albeit being so f#cking hard compared to the new games)
    Portal
    Half Life 2, EP1 & EP2
    Burnout: Paradise (Because I never actually finished it in the first place)

My Gaming Backlog, on the other hand, is simply all games I want to buy. Because i'm poor after having to shell out for a new Machine.

4. boiled_elephant

The best part of the game is over, it's a Roland Emmerich movie from there onwards, might as well quit. Unless you like giant city-sized robots, and killing them on the deck of a moving carrier. That bit is fairly impressive, if a little easy.

Ironyyyy!

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

The old one exploded (eheheh~) so I'm now owing peoples money because of how much I spent to replace it.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I have given up playing BFBC2 through April for the sole purpose of going back to play the other games I've accumulated.

On my list is:

NFS Hot Pursuit
    NFS Shift 2
    Dragon age origins (although having played about 5 mins of it, decided it's not for me...)
    Dead Space
    God of War 1,2,3
    Lost Planet (which is turning out to be a very mediocre game - terrible AI...)
    Crysis 2
    Borderlands - Claptrap DLC

And then Portal 2 will come out...

7. DannyP

DannyP What's a Dremel?

I don't have a massive backlog, but what I do have is forever being pushed back thanks to new releases I want. The biggest title I've yet to play is that 'Mass Effect' game, I hear it's kind of a big deal you know. I feel the need to get that and it's follow up out the way before Mass Effect 3 later this year.

Like others, I have plenty of other Steam games I've not touched since getting them when they were on offer at a discount! Metro 2033 being the biggest one of those I believe.

8. boiled_elephant

All the Dragon Age mentions please me. That game is just impenetrable. It probably gets better, but christ, it's like trying to get started reading the Bible.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Noticing you have The Witcher on your list, have you ever tried it? I found it to be exactly the same way as you describe Dragon Age. After a couple hours of play I'd successfully plowed a barmaid in an abandoned mill and killed a few glowy dogs. The story just seemed to never open up into anything genuinely exciting, at least not by then.

I tell myself that I'll eventually reinstall and play it all the way through, but it just sounds so tedious.

10. boiled_elephant

Same to be honest, I'm onto the second bit, the dog village, and find it utterly uninvolving. People praise the depth and length of the game, but if it's all as badly characterized, wooden and unimmersive as the opening chapter, I don't think I'm interested.

11. DannyP

DannyP What's a Dremel?

This is the best sentence I've seen this week.

I guess I can agree that the opening stories are a bit slow, and there are some sections that drag on - like the Fade and the Deep Roads for example - but it's the character development and the relationships between my character and the party members that really drove my interest in the game.

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Crysis 2
    Civ 5 (pre-ordered, never even started it up)
    Shogun 2
    Finish Red Dead Redemption

Need to replay Freespace 2 with the super shiny graphics mod on. Easily one of my top 5 games.

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I've actually got quite a few that I haven't got round to finishing, which is a little embarrasing tbh:

The Witcher (got to chapter 2 and it all got messy!).
    Fallout NV (almost done).
    Stalker (going to reinstall with complete mod and finish).
    Oblivion (spent ages on it, got quite far and lost interest).

Also going to purchase Batman AA and Crysis (2 for £15 at Game) pretty soon and play them though.

Should keep me busy for a while...

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

BC2 (just landed on the doorstep
    Metro 2033
    Amnesia dark decent
    Batman AA (at the joker boss battle)
    Wolfenstein (old game but for 3 quid why not)
    Gta 4 plus the two add ons
    Mass effect
    Lara croft GOL
    Monkey Island 2

Plus others

I'm terrible for either buying games and not starting them or getting halfway through and moving on to something else.

15. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

there aren't that many games that appeal to me, so I am not overloaded with titles.
    There arent enough hours in a day

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

dead space, and gta IV. Lord. I guess I cba with the whole, scary games thing. Maybe you just need to get into it. As for GTA IV, brought my 8800gtx to a grinding hault. Granted I was trying with highish settings. Still. Got bored of the choppy frame rates and put it back on the shelf.

Psp: got stuck with mts peace walker. Might have to take it to the bay. Couldn't get passed a level :(

Super meat boy, great game. Sorta just put in on the back burner for now. Got stuck at a certain level. Maybe if I get bored enough I'll break it back out.

17. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

ROFL.

Mass effect and Dragon Age are the 2 series that i want to get started with but never found the time. I don't know if it was ever meant to be with me and these games....

18. Bugste81

Bugste81 Stephen

I find if I've got more than 1 game on the go I just want to race threw it to get to the next. However if I've only got one game left I've got to take my time on it otherwise I'll have nothing left to play.

19. DannyP

DannyP What's a Dremel?

Well, having acquired an Xbox 360 over the weekend, I'm now playing one of the games in my backlog, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I received a copy of the game months ago, but as it was a 360 disc I've not been able to play it until now.

20. DieselPower

DieselPower What's a Dremel?

Not played my X-com collection that I got for my birthday from a freind, should get round to playing it as it does look like a blast.