1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your Goals for 2011?

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 9 Jan 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Okay well i seriously want to know everyones goal for 2011 and the story behind them.
    Before i tell you my goals i will let you know a little bit about my self. I'm shawn 17 years old and i smoke and im a little over weight i do very good in school and love cars,computers, and women!

Well my goals for 2011 are:
    1.Go from 224-180. Not sure if i will get down that low because i will gain muscle and at 6 foot and a waste size of 34 which can't go down lower i might become fit at maybe 190
    2. To quit smoking. This is the worst habit someone could have i admit it i hate being a smoker and once you start its a curse. This will be hard while doing my weight loose
    3. to get 2 cars, 1 car as a daily driver and another to drag with at the local track. I have about 6-12 grand to spend so this goal might go into 2012 haha.
    4. To finish a computer mod! ( most of the time i mod in the summer during vacation. But it is hard to do them because we have been remodeling my back yard for about 3 years and with friends and a gf its hard to get stuff done.
    5. Find a job! I'm 17 and i can't find a job for the life of me, I apply to every place i can find and nothing happens

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Modder

Jobs are hard to come by but while you are looking get something good to put on the CV by volunteering somewhere, just once or twice a month.

As for the weight loss, the best way to start is to go walking everyday, 45 minutes each day.
    Make a good playlist that will keep you enthused or listen to an audio book. I found a long walk to be refreshing and yet quite tiring by the end and I'm not a terribly unfit person. Once you get in to the habit after 3 or 4 weeks then you can step it up to running or cycling or going to a gym.
    Yoga and pilates are really good for you and can be quite entertaining. A good (though slightly annoying) video is pilates for dummies. Sounds funny I know but worth it.

Quitting smoking would be fantastic, but difficult, however if you last your first week without cigarettes you are 9 times more likely to go all the way, interesting fact for you there!

It's good to have goals, now you want to figure out exactly how you are going to achieve them.
    Make plans, weekly targets and make time every friday to review your week.

Sound like a plan?

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

my goals:

start saving - Im down €25 a week now with the new budget here but hopefully I can save alittle, insurance coming up and Ill need 4 new tires pretty soon, 18's arent cheap
    get a little fitter - We got a dog 2 months ago so hopefully walking him will help. I have a gammy knee that stops me running and I dont have the time or money to see a physio to get it sorted

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Keep up weight training
    Join the T.A.
    Go to Download AND Sonisphere
    Climb Kilamanjaro (Sp?) for Help4Heroes charity
    Pass my Financial Services degree

... yeah my years full of fun and games so far *sarcastic face is sarcastic* but with all, or even 75% of these complete... it would be awesome. :D

6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

mvagusta likes this.
  7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Get a job

8. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Buy my first AMD system ever.

john

10. allinone

allinone What's a Dremel?

Get an apartment. :)

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

:eeek: Losing your AMD virginity!

Its actually better than most people think i lost mine a long time ago :lol:

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Very nice... do you run a home studio?

Wow :eeek:

I am surprised at that. I've been running on both/a mixture of AMD and Intel since the first series Athlon's and the PIII :D

13. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

No, much as I'd love to. Spent a fair amount of time doing live engineering a few years back, but I have all the music playing ability of a boiled potato and no friends in the vicinity to record, so much as I'd love one it would be a complete waste.

I'm simply aiming at a staggeringly good hifi to compensate, hence the CD player.

14. ninety2wo

ninety2wo What's a Dremel?

Take up Karate again

15. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Modder

Would also like to lose the AMD virginity.

I have never bough AMD for myself, my only experiences come from messing around with a fixing an old PC my parents had

16. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

You've got a good list there Shawn. I hope you cans tick with them and make them happen.

Here are my goals:

1) Continue on with my diet and exercising and reach my goal weight of 230 pounds.
    2) Find a girlfriend (Been single for too long :waah: )
    3) Finally build my damn BBQ pit in my backyard
    4) Quit smoking for good (not just for a month or two like the last time I tried)
    5) Finish paying off my bills and starting investing to build my retirement fund a little more :)

1, 2 and 3 will be for sure. 4 is going to be tough and 5 is actually a work in progress. Just gotta keep at them I suppose :)