1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your most hated games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 30 Sep 2010.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

There was very little wrong with CS as a game to me before the recent large update, which I hate (and wish they would revert back to the way the game was about a year ago) but everyone has their own styles and opinions. I hate WoW more than any other game in the world, and I know hundreds of thousands of people love it... so like someone said, this thread can't really be a right or wrong type thing, it's more of a "see what games other people hate and notice the complete lack of correlation" thread ;)

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

L4D1 - Boring, boring 'stand in a corner and melee like hell' gameplay. Didn't bother with the sequel.

TF2 - Great visually and nice artistic merit, but a PITA to play and get any sort of fun out of it.

Far Cry 2 - like others have said, almost a great game let down by some boring gameplay, respawning checkpoints etc etc.

Any RTS game released in the last few years - i think that is more to with me being completely bored with the genre and seeing nothing new to get excited about.

CSS - A game all about flashbangs and bunny hopping and having to register 6 hits with a machine pistol to kill.

MMO's - Games for people with too much spare time (and money, if pay-to-play)

Football Manager games - For people who like to come home from work/school and then play with spreadsheets.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2010
  3. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

Crysis- Yeah, it looks good. But I just can't really get into storyline. Although I did enjoy watching and listening to gunsmiths play through.

MW2- meh, could of saved that $60 for better hardware, too bad I can't resell it :(

I find simple games like Assault Cube to be more enjoyable. Quick easy FPS game play without complicated trickery, options and ranks.

4. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

No way. No freaking way. My god man.

5. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

I really dont get that l4d hate. the 2nd one is balls but the first is a classic. In plain terms it was the atmosphere and the challenge of expert mode, on random public servers. Not organised, not with mates, but crappy nubs. Then just surviving even though you know your utterly fukced was a thrill. Literally dragging teams through campaigns then heroicly chaotic finalles that were desperately, desperately unfair. It made a grand job of making you and the other 3 feel like the unluckiest *******s on earth. Loved it. 330 hours campaign mode.

Oh games foir the list, starcraft 3 - its warcraft 3 and this is 2010 blizzard cough cough, sup com 2 - for goodness sake just dont call it sup com, half life 2 - take half life 1 and use the plot as a tenuos lead into another totally unrelated plot created way after the original game was released. Who is the gman again? oh thats right its 2010 and 12 years has passed without any friggin progress, lost planet - what is this boring old ****, Portal 1 & 2 for delaying episode 3 for no good reason, and being only long enough to justify costing 10 quid at release, bad company 2 - bought it to replace battlefield 2 in my heart, didnt work, uninstalled.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I don't get the hate for Sup Com 2. To me it's just an alternative version of the original. The only thing that annoys me about it is that it doesn't seem to support antialiasing (at least on my rig anyway).
    Agree 100% here - I enjoyed playing the game but the fact it's tied into the original Half-Life just blows. If it was a different series altogether it'd make more sense.
    :jawdrop: You're the first person to show no love for Portal! Although I want HL2E3, Portal is at least an awesome game, unlike L4D :D .

Teelzebub likes this.
  7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

HALO - I just want to shake the fan boys until they realise how distinctly rubbish it really is, it's got nothing! nothing!!!

COD - COD2 was pretty good...since then the above applies.

WoW - seriously? I mean...c'mon...just c'mon

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I should add
    Portal - Innovative: yes. Fun to play? Not to me... definitely not.

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Funny how people differ. I largely agreed with what you said on sandbox games, but I couldn't disagree with you more here. I thought Portal was brilliant. A few of the levels really made me think in an odd way(Thinking In Portals). But each to there own.

Looking forward to the second one, though I will wait until the price drops a bit I think.

10. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

L4D - boring
    COD - crap, can't believe people still buy this crap.
    Bioshock - most overrated game ever.
    Dragons Age - i only bought it when it was on sale and i regret it, i found it extremely boring.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2010
  11. Canon

Canon Reformed

Gothic 3. WTF was that? that wasn't a game, it was a disc with a very demanding slideshow on it and exucse my language but it was a ****ing **** slideshow.

Agreed on L4D, couldn't stand it, played through co-op loads of times with friends but it was patheticly short and just 'zombies come, shoot zombies, walk in straight line towards finish, ignore boring half arsed scenery' wish I hadn't bought it.

Back to page 1, October is right, Insurgency, fantastic mod and real good fun.

12. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I'll ignore the older titles and stick to more recent ones.

Dragon Age: I hated it. Plain and simple. I was so hyped for a new Bioware game that wasn't Mass Effect and was oh so disapointed. I kinda liked the story premise and it looked pretty enough but the gameplay was just agony.

Mass Effect: I seem to be one of a small minority of people who just don't get it. Shepard would rank as one of my most disliked video game characters ever. I even bought it in the steam sale thinking if it was on my prefered platform I'd grow to like it. I was wrong. I haven't played 2 even though many people tell me its a big improvement over the first. Maybe one day I will.

GTA San Andreas: Probably the biggest gaming letdown I've ever suffered. I even bought a PS2 for it. Alas it was all in vane as it sucked. Gameplay to be fair was ok but I dispise the setting.

Gears of War: I finished it once. It was the same peice of gameplay repeated over and over for 5 hours or however long it was.

C0D: Still can't beat BF2 at its own game.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not once have I ever understood the hate for COD: WaW.

It isn't really that bad of a game, I mean outside of the tank levels, the game is ace.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

taste may be subjective but wtf

have you actually tried to have fun ? TF2 is one of the rare games that manage to make my friends and I laugh when we kill each other rather than scream and swear revenge

15. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

Far Cry 2. Been mentioned before, and forever shall it be known as the worst '2' game in the history of the world.

16. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Some of the games you guys are listing amaze me.

Dragon age (awesome), TF2 (awesome), BATTLEFIELD!!! (Awesome), CS (Awesome).

The list goes on lol - But i understand we are all different. Not everyone has the same tastes.

I found it almost impossible to enjoy mass effect 2, even after 2 attempts play through it.

But seriously.... How can you say TF2 is not fun? Thats like saying you dislike footballs because they arent round!

17. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

They are round, though.

18. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Oh, i laughed a lot when trying to play TF2 - but for the wrong reasons. :)

As you say, everyone has their own opinion, however i just think it is a poor multiplayer experience.

I think most of my gaming friends own TF2 from when they purchased the 'Orange Box' - i don't know any of them who plays it regularly or did play it regularly in the past.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

In no particular order:

Halo - all 6 of them

Anything made by Blizzard - specifically WoW and Starcraft

GTA 4 - the only game that hacked me off so much I traded it in the same day i got it

Simulators - be they flight, driving, military or otherwise

Crysis - yes it was pretty but it was mind a mind-numbingly dull game

Zelda - they're. all. the. same!

Elite - took forever to load and you usually died every time you tried to dock with a station... [i love and loathe this game in equal measure]

Final Fantasy VII - How can a game so boring and tedious be so popular?

there are plenty more but those are the games that annoy me most...

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

GTA 4 and CoD:MW2. Those are the two games that I actually looked forward to, and then liked neither.