1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Your portable device of audio pleasure

Discussion in 'General' started by Burnout21, 28 Dec 2009.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

sweet

I wish i could get one in Canada

... but I don't wish to replace my Zen 16GB :D

2. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I'm in the UK, if I can manage to get one shipped surely it'd be easy as pie to get one in Canada :)

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I know I was just complaining :D

4. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

OQO Model 01+ :)

5. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

16Gb Sony X series Walkman, with the stock noise-cancelling headphones. It's an awesome bit of kit :thumb:

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Current

16GB iPod Nano 5G - the one that does video - and a set of Apple in ear headphones. Not happy with this for day to day use in busy places. Disgusted actually, the volume limit on it is pathetic. Standing on a moderately busy train platform with Apple's noise cancellig earbuds in and the volume at full I can barely hear the music but still know exactly what's going on around me. I actually bought this iPod to use with nike+ iTunes, and do. It's ok for that because I usually go running late at night, like after 10pm. At that time of night on quiet roads it's fine, but when out and about during the day I mostly use:

8GB iPhone 3G - Does not hold much of my stupidly large iTunes library because it's mostly 512Kbps+ so I am changing to:

In Less than 3 Weeks

32GB iPhone 3GS - sex. That is all.

I also have a set of very very good shure earbuds, and a set of very good in ear sennheisers too, but I don't know the model numbers of them. Only that the two sets cost as much as my new iPhone would if I bought it outright :/

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Nothing too exciting:

[​IMG]
    The phone is what I use to and from work with the wireless headphones (sony DR-BT21G), which is absolutely ace on a bike! No wires to worry about getting caught on anything, and you don't have to go fishing about in your bag/pocket when you want to change the song, or adjust the volume. Not too bad on the audio quality either. The ipod however is purely for work as an internet radio streaming device, as we've no good radio stations in this city, or a computer with internet connection in the shop, so I just jump onto an open wireless network and turn on some .977! Plus it has way better battery life than my phone does if I just want to listen to my library, not that the 8gb model I have holds all that much...

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

[​IMG]

Palm Lifedrive. Old friend. 10Gb HDD, ebook reader 8Gb SD card, calendar, does all I need and fits in cargo pocket. Ipod Nano ear buds or SkullCandy cans.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

BB Curve 8310 for streaming Pandora in the car, iPod Touch 1G 8GB for everything else. Headphones: Eskuche headphones (gold :thumb:) and some pair of colorful Sony earbuds.

Headphones: http://www.turntablelab.com/daily/632/2481/81470.html and http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665791056

I got the Sonys for $20, idk what the reviews are talking about because mine have been going since the summer.. The Eskuches were 75% off at some store at the mall, and they're better than my old pair of Sony monitors.. Look better too, more comfy.

10. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Heres mine:

[​IMG]

HTC Touch Diamond + HTC remote + decentish Sony earbuds.

The remote + earbuds i actually brought for my previous phone and carried across, hence the slightly battered look on the remote buttons from overuse :hehe:

I tested the remote on my friend's new Android HTC phone as well and it works just as well there, so i'm all set for an upgrade :lol:

11. H2O

H2O Burnt Acrylic - Mmmmmm

iPhone 3GS 16GB + Bose QuietComfort 2 cheescake.

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I did fancy a new mp3 player, but my zen is 40Gb and the sound quality is the best i have heard for a portable device.

Tried my partners ipod nano, and its just crap. I guess the more expensive ipods are ok, but then its paying for something i already have.

sansa clip 8GB is what i have my eye on due to its size and FLAC support, however 8GB isn't alot of space for a FLAC library...

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

IMO if you never learn to appreciate high quality audio, you save a lot of money and frustration.

128kbp/s MP3s playing out of my iPod into $15 headphones Cheesecake

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I have, its all down to what you listen to of cause, usually on my bus journey to uni i listen to a wide range of music.

Gustav Holst: The Planets, Pink Floyd, The Who, Supertramp, then lost prophets comes along and changes everything.

I don't listen to the 'chart' crap

15. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Have a classic ipod, but don't really use it anymore.

Use my HTC Hero + Shure E2c

16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

[​IMG]

I've got the 4Gb version. It was very cheap when I bought it a few years ago - less than the price of the iPod Nano with 4x the capacity and no iTunes!

I threw away the stock headphones and got some cheapish Creative in-ear jobs which fit really well and sound great.

When I first bought the Zen Stone Plus it would occasionally crash, but I updated the firmware and its been awesome ever since. Simple, small and very cheap. :D

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Just mended my 5th gen 30gig iPod for use at parties, and I expect to recieve my iPod Touch 64 gig tomorrow. Would be awesome tbh.

18. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I have one of these too. 2Gb, sturdy, dinted to hell on the rear, but it works fine.

Was given to me by my little sister after my ipod touch and Sennheiser CX-300's got stolen from work :wallbash:

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

play had a great deal on CX-300's, kat got mine for £17!

20. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Im spending all my money on games to keep me enteretained when my hours are cut after new year, oh and fixing that damn car...