1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zotac ZBox HD-ID34 mini-PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 27 Oct 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. its

its What's a Dremel?

Laptop without a screen... Alrighty :D

3. devilxc

devilxc Biding my time...

It is a sexy laptop without a screen though.

If they had a remote and had sotware installed so it was 'plug and play' it could have been a popular device.

As it is, most people who have the know how will settle for a laptop / old PC instead.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Another comment on the lack of remote. It looks like a BD player, why no remote! This thing is obviously designed to live under the TV.

5. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

I agree with you all, no remote??? Does it come with an OS either?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I would have given it 10 for features if it just had a remote. It's everything a HTPC should be... almost! That doesn't stop you going out and buying your own though, or using VNC with your iPhone/Android touchscreen phone.

Tatty - no, because it's a barebone box and not everyone wants a HTPC with Windows, which would add to the cost. Linux/XBMC is free ;) plus offers GPU acceleration because Nvidia actually supports Linux (however an install package would be nice!).

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Zotac seem to be on a bit of a roll really - that mITX board looked pretty epic too.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hmmm given that my PS3 looks and sounds like it is on its last legs (half an hour last night trying to get it to boot) this looked perfect, right up until the point I read it came with no remote and no OS yet costs over £400.

At this price I would rather build my own HTPC. In fact given the PS3's problems I will probably have to.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, you can, but a slot loading, slimline Blu-ray drive alone will cost you a pretty penny. ;) Zotac's advantage over a home build is that you cannot get this curvaceous form factor elsewhere.

10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I wouldn't be using a slot loading drive if I could help it. Having two house Rabbits (that love to chew or mark anything they can sink their teeth into) means I like having everything behind covers. The amount of times they have turned off the PS3 / ejecting a disc by leaning on it is not funny.

11. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Looks really good apart from the mentioned remote and "No BDR or DVDRW function."

BTW this sentence on page 2 needs sorting!:
    Also under the score it says: rec.jpg[/img

As well as a few others not as bad such as: [QUOTE]What is missing is aremote[/QUOTE]

12. XSAN

XSAN What's a Dremel?

I would like to see a AMD Fusion version of this with 4DB DDR3. Why are we still using DDR2? Like the first comment a laptop without screen. :)

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, no remote, no OS, it can't burn DVD or Bluray discs and it's plastic.

Aluminium-like... seriously?

I don't even think it's all that good looking, and I think the styling will get dated really quickly.

Other than that, nice! LOL

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

What a terrible review (very short next to no details or stats) and a terrible product, its pointless might as well buy a Sony Blu-Ray player have similar features...

15. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

You forgot to close your image tag!!
    rec.jpg[/img <==

This thing looks sexy! I don't get what the people saying you should get a laptop instead are on about. Why would you want to stick a laptop under your telly, and would it be as quiet?

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

also:
    aremote?

17. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Just a quick stupid question, the price difference between the two version is it higher ofr lower than a Hdd and sodim ram (what is missing I mean of course).

18. DST

DST What's a Dremel?

No word on Crysis in the review :)

Tags: Add Tags